Le Redoutable 1/48

The photos of your tower are amazing - and already you can be proud, that you finished this part of your project.

Only 6.000 bolts ?!?!
Imagine if you would build a 110 gunner -> such a ship would have much more
Lucky you that the Redoutable was "only" a 74-gunner

So no complains, ran an die Arbeit! ;)

BTW: Looking at your idea with the small Proxxon sander i will also take mine out of the shelf and will adjust mine like you did. Usually I am using only my bigger Hegner but for such corners like you showed it is a very good idea...... many thanks for showing us this small but very effective adjustment

Einmal ganz ehrlich: wieviele Versuche hast du gebarucht, dass diese Genauigkeit der Fugen erreicht wurde?
WOW

To be quite honest: how many attempts did you need to achieve this accuracy of the joints?
WOW

Thank to all for the likes and comments. To speak the truth, it was the work from maybe 10 hours. It´s is the benefit from my first fail with the Bonhomme Richard three years ago and my experience with the La Belle.

@Uwek

its to difficult to explain in words. I used the FF230 for the straight surfaces, and the spindlesander/tablesander for the curves. Nothing is done with hand !!!
You have to split the whole parts into little areas and to think which part combines with which other part. Which area you can join easy with which other area.
Then you start. Sometimes i milled a surface with 0,05mm, checked it with tho other part, milled another 0,05mm .... five times....
You have to keep calm. If you need to much you will fail. Thats the basic for the whole hobby i think.
its important to think a lot about the order how to adjust of the single pieces.

Back