Le Requin by Zhl - MY FIRST POF MODEL

Ja Ja - it is long way and sometimes you will think, that it will never end
but at the end you will be very happy having the completed frame structure in hand - ok, than you have to sand it , and and and ;)

I'm sanding along the way, piece by piece so at the end it will need just some finishing touches.
Now a preliminary test about polishing: on the left is natural and on the right I've made an aging treatment.
What do you think about?

View attachment 415607
Alessandro, pls, what product are you using for aging ? and how many layers were applied ? Thanks.

Alessandro, pls, what product are you using for aging ? and how many layers were applied ? Thanks.
To finish natural wood I use only oil or wax. It's the only way to highlight the natural characteristics of wood without creating the classic plasticized effect.
For aging treatment there are many products, for me the best is Bitume of Giudea.

Cattura.PNG

I went with natural with a coating of clear matte polyurethane. I use MinWax water based poly. Dries clear and clean. I did not age or darken the frames on my build…
I too like a fine and clean finishing but a bit of aging enriches the model and makes it more realistic; but just a little bit, it has to be discrete.
This is my taste.:)

Making ribs, they are around 86!! And sanding....sanding....sanding... the neverending story:eek::eek:
They are so thin and fragile, my God!
And last my little, very little, work bench as it looks like most of the time: a big mess but in reality an orderly disorder.
Happy end of year to you all!Bottle

1703926456225.jpg

1703926456220.jpg

1703926546669.jpg

Hello!! All ribs are done; those on the stern side have been a pain in the a***ROTF
I still have to sand some of them because they are not well aligned yet, thereafter will have to face with the portholes on the backside that are all but easy.
Anyway, building admiralty style is great, I'm loving it!

1706449777317.jpg

1706543472377.jpg

1706544305129.jpg

wow - you are on a very good way
Doing my best, I broke 4 ribs and I had to buy a scroll saw to rebuild them from scratch. I bought it electric thinking it would have been an easy walk to cut the wood, but it wasn't easy at all: I broke another 3 ones before understanding the sward was not the right one.:D
Every step is a learning process.

Sometimes it is like with clamps - you can never have enough rubber bands
good progress

Back