Le Requin by Zhl - MY FIRST POF MODEL

Dear Alessandro. This is indeed a challenging project for your first POF build, but you are doing a fine job. There is nothing like a good challenge to motivate us to produce our best work!

Dear Alessandro. This is indeed a challenging project for your first POF build, but you are doing a fine job. There is nothing like a good challenge to motivate us to produce our best work!
Indeed, I loose interest with easy things. The more the difficult the more my interest grows: someone could think it is my condemnation but it's just my character.
I only hope it will be a great model at the end, doing my best.

Making pillars that will support the beams. Thi structure is particularily fragile so I thought to install little pins at the extremes of each pillar.
The beams are not ready yet, but in this phase they are helpful to keep the pillars in their correct position.

1709129556831.jpg

1709130311660.jpg

1709306893874.jpg

Looking good - I hope you still enjoy the working on a POF-model ?!?!
The "problem" with the Requin is the fact, that this ship has really a lot of frames and beams - and all relatively fragile......

One of the things I love is working with solid high quality wood like cherry or pear: it gives a special taste that makes you to appreciate much more your work, and also building a ship the same way it has been built in reality it's special.

I am going to follow your build very closely as the le Requin is next on my build list I am building the Druid a plank on frame kit I decided to build it first to get some Plank on Frame experience before I attempted the le Requin, Due to its size!! it sure is a beautiful kit and You are coming along great.

I am going to follow your build very closely as the le Requin is next on my build list I am building the Druid a plank on frame kit I decided to build it first to get some Plank on Frame experience before I attempted the le Requin, Due to its size!! it sure is a beautiful kit and You are coming along great.
Druid is on mine to build list, how are you doing?

Back