Le Rochefort 1/36 by Splinter

Hey

Let me introduce myself, I'm Splinter and I started modeling 2 years‘s ago. I silently follow various artists regarding this form of model building. I am someone who keeps reports concise because knowledge is very limited, besides I am not a professional photographer

In the meantime I had already started building the Le Rochefort 1/36, which I enjoy a lot. despite the 2 left hands I have.
Mistakes have certainly been made due to inexperience and not knowing how to make certain things. And then I mean how to make certain angles and other tricks.

Because of the creation of this group, I have made the decision to start all over again and to keep pace with this group.

I will use the existing model to try things out and the hull will be planked in its entirety

Attached photos are the photos of the current state of affairs and a few photos from the beginning.

New wood has now been ordered and new copies made of the drawings and as soon as the wood has arrived I will start again.

With your permission I would like to join this group.

Regards Splinter

Hallo

Darf ich mich vorstellen, ich bin Splinter und habe vor 2 Jahren mit dem. Holz Modellbau angefangen. Schweigend folge ich diversen Künstlern bezüglich dieser Form des Modellbaus. Ich bin jemand, der Berichte kurz hält, weil das Wissen sehr begrenzt ist, außerdem bin ich kein professioneller Fotograf
Inzwischen hatte ich bereits mit dem Bau des Le Rochefort 1/36 begonnen, das mir sehr viel Spaß macht, trotz der 2 linken Hände, die ich habe.
Sicherlich wurden Fehler gemacht, weil man keine Erfahrung hatte und nicht wusste, wie man bestimmte Dinge macht. Und dann meine ich, wie man bestimmte Winkel und andere Tricks macht.

Aufgrund der Gründung dieser Gruppe habe ich die Entscheidung getroffen, noch einmal von vorne anzufangen und mit dieser Gruppe Schritt zu halten.

Ich werde das vorhandene Modell zum Ausprobieren verwenden und den Rumpf komplett beplanken
Beigefügte Fotos sind die Fotos vom aktuellen Stand der Dinge und ein paar Fotos vom ersten Versuch.
Neues Holz ist jetzt bestellt (bei Frank) und neue Kopien der Zeichnungen angefertigt und sobald das Holz da ist, fange ich wieder an.

Mit Ihrer Erlaubnis möchte ich dieser Gruppe beitreten.

Gruß Splinter

8D6E544F-1050-4791-B715-85B79B38C057.jpeg

0240B3AC-B216-45B5-B8C2-79CEB2EE7AB4.jpeg

08F4C992-F75A-4076-8855-E099464B850A.jpeg

D4792948-0E5F-4F0B-9C45-93CE612BAA10.jpeg

EE50D02E-3C16-4A7A-AB65-61460C24EE1A.jpeg

DCBA182D-F1E8-453E-A200-22FB5B1A4EB4.jpeg

2B93B8D1-6047-47A9-883C-84E3520CB5B9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey

Let me introduce myself, I'm Splinter and I started modeling 1 year ago. I silently follow various artists regarding this form of model building. I am someone who keeps reports concise because knowledge is very limited, besides I am not a professional photographer

In the meantime I had already started building the Le Rochefort 1/36, which I enjoy a lot. despite the 2 left hands I have.
Mistakes have certainly been made due to inexperience and not knowing how to make certain things. And then I mean how to make certain angles and other tricks.

Because of the creation of this group, I have made the decision to start all over again and to keep pace with this group.

I will use the existing model to try things out and the hull will be planked in its entirety

Attached photos are the photos of the current state of affairs and a few photos from the beginning.

New wood has now been ordered and new copies made of the drawings and as soon as the wood has arrived I will start again.

With your permission I would like to join this group.

Regards Splinter

Hallo

Darf ich mich vorstellen, ich bin Splinter und habe vor 2 Jahren mit dem. Holz Modellbau angefangen. Schweigend folge ich diversen Künstlern bezüglich dieser Form des Modellbaus. Ich bin jemand, der Berichte kurz hält, weil das Wissen sehr begrenzt ist, außerdem bin ich kein professioneller Fotograf
Inzwischen hatte ich bereits mit dem Bau des Le Rochefort 1/36 begonnen, das mir sehr viel Spaß macht, trotz der 2 linken Hände, die ich habe.
Sicherlich wurden Fehler gemacht, weil man keine Erfahrung hatte und nicht wusste, wie man bestimmte Dinge macht. Und dann meine ich, wie man bestimmte Winkel und andere Tricks macht.

Aufgrund der Gründung dieser Gruppe habe ich die Entscheidung getroffen, noch einmal von vorne anzufangen und mit dieser Gruppe Schritt zu halten.

Ich werde das vorhandene Modell zum Ausprobieren verwenden und den Rumpf komplett beplanken
Beigefügte Fotos sind die Fotos vom aktuellen Stand der Dinge und ein paar Fotos vom ersten Versuch.
Neues Holz ist jetzt bestellt (bei Frank) und neue Kopien der Zeichnungen angefertigt und sobald das Holz da ist, fange ich wieder an.

Mit Ihrer Erlaubnis möchte ich dieser Gruppe beitreten.

Gruß Splinter

View attachment 348144

View attachment 348145

View attachment 348146

View attachment 348147

View attachment 348160

View attachment 348161

View attachment 348162
Hi Scheggia, certainly as a first experience of what I know, I congratulate you

welcome aboard, it's looks beautiful start.
I will continue to follow with great interest :) Thumbsup

Hi Scheggia, certainly as a first experience of what I know, I congratulate you
Thank You
Welcome, great to have yet another builder in this group.
Thank You Tony, I will be not so fast as you are
welcome aboard, it's looks beautiful start.
I will continue to follow with great interest :) Thumbsup
Thank you, You’re a welcome.
Herzlichen Gruß Splinter!
Vielen Dank

Thanks for the kind words :)

As I announced in the preface, this project will be my second attempt, aiming for an even better result. I hope to learn a lot from all of you. I think I will need the necessary support. I will let you know as soon as the wood is in. In the meantime I will thoroughly go through your reports again, here are already a number of useful things for me.

Danke für die netten Worte:).

Wie ich im Vorwort angekündigt habe, wird dieses Projekt mein zweiter Versuch sein, mit dem Ziel ein noch besseres Ergebnis zu erzielen. Ich hoffe, viel von euch allen zu lernen. Ich denke, ich werde die nötige Unterstützung brauchen. Ich gebe Bescheid, sobald das Holz da ist. In der Zwischenzeit werde ich Ihre Berichte noch einmal gründlich durchgehen, hier ist schon einiges Nützliches für mich dabei.

Hello Splitter, very nice of you to join us. I have great respect for people who start something new because they are dissatisfied with what they have done. You write that you order your wood from Frank -> do you mean Frank Horsching? Hopefully we "beginners" can help you and give you advice and tips. Please don't be afraid to take pictures and ask if you don't understand something. We have so many great modellers on the forum who are happy to help, G.Delacroix will certainly help too, if not here then definitely in the French forum where I am happy to contact him with any questions.

Hello Splitter, very nice of you to join us. I have great respect for people who start something new because they are dissatisfied with what they have done. You write that you order your wood from Frank -> do you mean Frank Horsching? Hopefully we "beginners" can help you and give you advice and tips. Please don't be afraid to take pictures and ask if you don't understand something. We have so many great modellers on the forum who are happy to help, G.Delacroix will certainly help too, if not here then definitely in the French forum where I am happy to contact him with any questions.
Hi Tobias, thank you for your kind words. Yes, I ordered the wood from Frank Horsching. I ordered black American cherries from him, I have a stock of European cherries myself. I want to try to combine these two types of wood. I have a question regarding the “angle plate” you made yourself. Did you make this from a door hinge (türscharniere).
I have a Proxxon MF70 which I hardly use, because I don't quite understand how to work at certain angles.

I took two flat bars and two M6 nuts and an M6 Allen screw. I drilled out the nuts 6mm so that the thread no longer exists. The nuts were welded to one plate and the Allen screw was welded to the other plate. I drilled holes in the lower plate so that I could screw the construction to the cross table.

DF797FB4-7DD2-42E5-84A6-E6D80A4BFE04.jpeg

@Tobias ,Flott, hvordan tror du dette hadde blitt om vi hadde laget denne jiggen av messing, og loddet sammen delene, sølv eller vanlig lodding.
It depending what material you will mil, If mostly wood or plastic, brass or aluminum will suffice. However, soldering brass will involve high melting temperature, it is a risk that the brass plate will change its geometry and will no longer be flat.

Welcome to the Group Splinter. We will all learn together no matter what experience we have. This will be my second scratch build from plans. However, the first one was a cross section and I had a lot of help and many mistakes. However, this build will be more challenging for me this time.

Welkom bij de Groep Splinter. We zullen allemaal samen leren, ongeacht welke ervaring we hebben. Dit wordt mijn tweede scratch-build van plannen. De eerste was echter een dwarsdoorsnede en ik had veel hulp en veel fouten. Deze build zal deze keer echter een grotere uitdaging voor mij zijn.

Welcome to the Group Splinter. We will all learn together no matter what experience we have. This will be my second scratch build from plans. However, the first one was a cross section and I had a lot of help and many mistakes. However, this build will be more challenging for me this time.

Welkom bij de Groep Splinter. We zullen allemaal samen leren, ongeacht welke ervaring we hebben. Dit wordt mijn tweede scratch-build van plannen. De eerste was echter een dwarsdoorsnede en ik had veel hulp en veel fouten. Deze build zal deze keer echter een grotere uitdaging voor mij zijn.
Thank you

Vielen Dank .

@Tobias ,Flott, hvordan tror du dette hadde blitt om vi hadde laget denne jiggen av messing, og loddet sammen delene, sølv eller vanlig lodding.
Hello Knut you can also make it out of brass or aluminium. As Jim said, there is a risk that the brass will warp. I don't see any problem with aluminium, it can be welded well. With a material thickness of approx. 5mm- 6mm there should be no problem.
When soldering, you can work with a heat-conducting paste (a kind of plasticine) that absorbs the heat well and you won't have any distortion.

7D1B9D19-C40C-401F-80E3-17F446EDFCE8.jpeg

Yes!. The wood has come in. I will start by making the wood for the keel to thickness and then sawing and milling everything according to the drawing. If everything is correct, I will continue with the preparations for the frames.

Ja!. Das Holz ist eingetroffen. Ich werde damit beginnen, das Holz für den Kiel auf Dicke zu bringen und dann alles nach Zeichnung zu sägen und zu fräsen.Wenn alles stimmt, mache ich mit den Vorbereitungen für die Spanten weiter.

66BF06C0-2555-462F-9E5C-30891F9F5F2D.jpeg

Current state of being

Aktueller zustand

5543EE8F-EB3F-4564-B4C2-F6FB2AEE5656.jpeg

View attachment 349271

Yes!. The wood has come in. I will start by making the wood for the keel to thickness and then sawing and milling everything according to the drawing. If everything is correct, I will continue with the preparations for the frames.

Ja!. Das Holz ist eingetroffen. Ich werde damit beginnen, das Holz für den Kiel auf Dicke zu bringen und dann alles nach Zeichnung zu sägen und zu fräsen.Wenn alles stimmt, mache ich mit den Vorbereitungen für die Spanten weiter.

View attachment 349272

Current state of being

Aktueller zustand

View attachment 349273
Hello Scheggia, sorry did you measure the height too? Frank

Back