Le Soleil Royal ZHL Build Log [COMPLETED BUILD]

I‘m making gun port covers. I painted the kit provided blanks red to go with the port frames. I cut the center pieces from walnut veneer and painted them red. Next I’ll glue them together and they will fit the frames to form a seal to keep out the water. Next, I’ll glue fleur de lys to the covers. I’ll wait to the end to add the hinges. I don’t want them to get knocked off when I move it to Omaha. FC9962BC-59E6-49C1-A781-A47B3D874D81.jpeg

Can I ask if that kit has good instructions ( like a CD or book) or just plans like the one you are showing?
The kit has four black and white plans. In addition, it has a cd with instructions. They are kind of in English and some Mandarin. I printed off the color instructions. Sometimes I deviated from them on purpose. Other times, it was quite by accident, unfortunately. Several builders believe the instructions are sub pat. We like the materials so far. Others say they don’t need instructions. They can figure it out by themselves. They know a lot more about ships and building them than I.

The kit has four black and white plans. In addition, it has a cd with instructions. They are kind of in English and some Mandarin. I printed off the color instructions. Sometimes I deviated from them on purpose. Other times, it was quite by accident, unfortunately. Several builders believe the instructions are sub pat. We like the materials so far. Others say they don’t need instructions. They can figure it out by themselves. They know a lot more about ships and building them than I.
E2karnivor,
I would add that the instructions included in the CD are very limited
The plans are OK
I can send you the PDF file of those instructions if you want. Just send me your email address.

...cause there wasn't already enough bling on the SR ROTF
How true, Paul! I can’t wait to start the rainbow glitter on the sails! And I think I’ll add a horn to the sea horse to make it a unicorn. Or maybe wings too to make it a pegacornseahorse. And perhaps some angels breath flowers to stick in the cannon barrels. We can all sit around and sing “All for the Love of Sunshine.” I really didn’t know what I was getting into when I started this build.

Back