Le Soleil Royal

A general question, but done in this model too: Why do nearly all builders from Kits always INSERTING the DECKS before Planking. Doing this one will have many problems later. OL if it is to hold the Bulkhead square, but there are many a very cheap "90º Angels in any hardware shop. Atleast do NOT glue it, before planking is done. Do it this way you can reinforce the hull inside. Easier to make gunports with its riggen.

A general question, but done in this model too: Why do nearly all builders from Kits always INSERTING the DECKS before Planking.
I guess, mostly because of the Kit manufacture manual. They provide with a 'false' desk by means of securing bulkheads (before the hull planking begins)

I guess, mostly because of the Kit manufacture manual. They provide with a 'false' desk by means of securing bulkheads (before the hull planking begins)
Yes, I expect that. Now nearly all building instructions are wrong. Nearly none take care of adding the "false Keel" to the "real Keel"Stern and Bow parts from the beginning. As I have only making Kits in my over 40 Years of modelling, I know the Strong and MORE the week point. Sometimes I have the Idea to make some Notes about Kits- price comparations, Wood quality- together with the first point, the planking and its importance to start correctly. I have about 5000 images from start to end. Starting with surveys, minimum Tool necessary, Gadget, Working place, Building up the False Keel with the Keel, insert bulkheads, secure them with a very cheap 90º angel in PVC and so on. All these images are apart from specific images from specific ships here on this side. P.S. I do not know if this is the right place to do this comments

Yes, I expect that. Now nearly all building instructions are wrong. Nearly none take care of adding the "false Keel" to the "real Keel"Stern and Bow parts from the beginning. As I have only making Kits in my over 40 Years of modelling, I know the Strong and MORE the week point. Sometimes I have the Idea to make some Notes about Kits- price comparations, Wood quality- together with the first point, the planking and its importance to start correctly. I have about 5000 images from start to end. Starting with surveys, minimum Tool necessary, Gadget, Working place, Building up the False Keel with the Keel, insert bulkheads, secure them with a very cheap 90º angel in PVC and so on. All these images are apart from specific images from specific ships here on this side. P.S. I do not know if this is the right place to do this comments
Love to see some of your photos and some of your modelling tips

Good first attempt video, did you shoot with camera or phone and used an editing program?

....40 years of ship modeling, WOW! Hope you didn't change your mind to write notes, and SOS is one of those places you can surely post them. I am sure with such experience there are a ton of valuable information we will absolutely appreciate (not to mention 5000 photos) Thumbs-Up

A hot ☄️Thursday afternoon. Got the two lower gun decks glued in place. Dry fitted the rest of the decks. Now I will sit down and decide wether I’ll add more thickness to some of the frames. But maybe a cold beer would be better.

Attachments

• 53AED1EA-1F6B-45A6-B553-4B151F5AA902.jpeg
    53AED1EA-1F6B-45A6-B553-4B151F5AA902.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1719085D-DB7A-4EC2-AD81-66B1B1006942.jpeg
    1719085D-DB7A-4EC2-AD81-66B1B1006942.jpeg
    244.4 KB · Views: 14
Back