Mantua Sergal President frigate 1:60 build log.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, very much appreciated! Nothing new with the build, still waiting to start rigging,as I’ve been busy with another bottled ship and repairing leaky roof. Hope you all had a good Christmas!
Male sure you fix the leaky roof, first. This is much important. Will patiently wait for your build :)

This is my first kit build and first build log. Until now I’ve only built ships in bottles but fancied something bigger but not too complex. The detail on this kit seems quite basic or rather lacking in places, but I suppose you get what you pay for at this level, so I will add a few embellishments here and there.
So far I’ve only got the frame assembled as a lot of the pieces were warped and had to be steamed to straighten, then a lot of swearing as the pieces were insanely tight to fit. Just started to shape the sides to get rid of the sharp corners, then my first attempt at planking!View attachment 79974

View attachment 79976

View attachment 79977View attachment 79979
Hallo @J w rogers
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

This is my first kit build and first build log. Until now I’ve only built ships in bottles but fancied something bigger but not too complex. The detail on this kit seems quite basic or rather lacking in places, but I suppose you get what you pay for at this level, so I will add a few embellishments here and there.
So far I’ve only got the frame assembled as a lot of the pieces were warped and had to be steamed to straighten, then a lot of swearing as the pieces were insanely tight to fit. Just started to shape the sides to get rid of the sharp corners, then my first attempt at planking
Hallo @J w rogers
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back