MarisStella Ragusian Carrack by Signet [COMPLETED BUILD]

I like the place very much - and to be honest I like also the spot light lighting of the model

I have a question about the "tassels" that are seen on sails. Excuse my lack of knowledge but I don't know the correct terminology for these and what their function is. I appreciate anyone's/everyone's help.

I have a question about the "tassels" that are seen on sails. Excuse my lack of knowledge but I don't know the correct terminology for these and what their function is. I appreciate anyone's/everyone's help.
Sorry, didn't notice this previously. Assuming you mean the "threads" hanging down across the sail, those are Reef Points or Reefing Points, used to grab the sails to pull them up and sometimes to tie them in place as well. Each are made with a single small rope, going through a reinforced portion of the sail, and knotted on both sides.

Thank you very much for this information. Now I need to decide whether to put reefing points into
my Santa Maria sails. They are not shown the plans or photos I’ve seen of this model.

Thank you again for your message!

I got better lights for the bookcase. I got these from Amazon. Four LED strip lights, each 12" long. They definitely illuminate better:
1713287650798.png
I haven't moved the wiring around to the back yet. They'll be connected to an Amazon smart plug, to "Alexa, turn on Bookcase".
This gives an idea of how the lights are located:
1713287765181.png
Which shows off deck and other detail much better:
1713287804029.png

I still need to put the plexiglass over the opening, to keep the dreaded dust away. I'll post a final pic when I do.

Hallo my friend
beautiful location of the ship model - I like it very much
BTW: Also a beautiful car model - it is the SSK from cmc, or?
I also collected over years the model from cmc ...... these are amazing models .....

Hallo my friend
beautiful location of the ship model - I like it very much
Thank you very much, Uwe. That means so much coming from you.
BTW: Also a beautiful car model - it is the SSK from cmc, or?
I also collected over years the model from cmc ...... these are amazing models .....
Yes it is from CMC. They made 2 versions, one painted and one in "natural metal" finish, which I have. A beautiful model. I only have two 1/18 scale models, the SSK and the Pagani Zonda. I will, of course, buy one more if anyone ever makes the Austin Healey 100M, but the closest so far is the 100-6 - a much more modern version with newfangled things like door handles. ;-) And yes, CMC models are incredible, the best. I had wanted a CMC sharknose Ferrari, but hesitated and it doubled in price to well over $600.

And yes, CMC models are incredible, the best. I had wanted a CMC sharknose Ferrari, but hesitated and it doubled in price to well over $600.
Yes - they are too expensive
I collected these models over 10 years ........ but I stopped collecting them several years ago ......

Finally installed the 1/4" plexiglas for the Carrack.
1714152327946.png
The lights show it off well, I think. Of course, after installation, and turning on the lights, I found cat hair on the inside. That will have to wait for another time, as I just received my next ship project. Maybe I'll try to remove the self-portrait at that time.

Thanks everyone for taking this voyage with me. Your support and ideas helped me complete this project, and I'm happy with the result.

Back