Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 , SC brand [COMPLETED BUILD]

Loading the pictures Worked pretty well. Just a couple of extrs steps. Done with the phone, as i always do. I see also changes on the letter size and is more crispy when writing.

By the way, i already trashed the anchor rope. Will try to do something better.

I like the upgrade.

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel, the ambience and atmosphere that your Marmara radiates is something very special. As yet, I can only hope to achieve that. Okay

Thank you Heinrich!!!

About the ambience and atmosphere is something I was discussing yesterday with my wife. I show her the pictures of the few deck ropes I added and we agree that the ⚓ anchor rope has to gone. And was trashed. We also agreed that we don't like to see perfectly arranged ropes like the ones of the below screen shot.

Screenshot_20201002-104624_Gallery.jpg

Daniel

I agree with the neatly arranged ropes. That just looks unnatural. This is really a nice kit and a wonderful boat that you have built. Thumbs-Up Now a quick question from my side. I am not sure of my facts now and too tired to go back through all the posts - did you get the HMS Druid from ZHL?

I agree with the neatly arranged ropes. That just looks unnatural. This is really a nice kit and a wonderful boat that you have built. Thumbs-Up Now a quick question from my side. I am not sure of my facts now and too tired to go back through all the posts - did you get the HMS Druid from ZHL?

Yes for the Druid and all my Chinese kits where bought at ZHL MODEL.

Last edited:
Finally the great day have arrived. The Marmara trade boat is ready to travel the Ottoman Marmara sea. She is fully loaded with crates containing precious silk, wine and oil barrels and cotton. She will be trading merchandise all along the Marmara sea ports. Screenshot_20201003-070422_Chrome.jpg

ENJOY HER !!!!

20201003_063410.jpg20201003_063521.jpg20201003_063617.jpg20201003_063728.jpg20201003_063802.jpg20201003_063833.jpg20201003_063900.jpg20201003_063942.jpg20201003_064013.jpg20201003_064049.jpg20201003_064122.jpg20201003_064143.jpg20201003_064214.jpg20201003_064238.jpg

I have enjoyed this built A LOT. I am very happy that I decided to get back to model ship building after 20+ years of inactivity.

I need to thank all the SOS members that helped me along this journey. A Special thanks to Mike for all his teaching on how to paint the hull (many very longs emails with detailed instructions). Also a special thanks to Heinrich, Don and Clair for their continued comments and encouraging words. And to the many members that followed this building log providing a wealth of knowledge on their comments that I will forever appreciate.

THANKS YOU ALL !!!!!!
THANKS SOS !!!

This is it.......THE END

Last edited:
Dear Daniel. These are beautiful photographs of a stunningly beautiful ship. You have progressed in leaps and bounds as a builder in a very short space of time. That is an achievement to be proud of as that was not an easy build. I am a sucker for overall effect and that is why I comment on things such as ambience and effect and your Marmara is one of the truly outstanding examples in that regard. There is an air of "believability" to the model that very few can rival. I salute you, my friend! First Place Metal

Dear Daniel. These are beautiful photographs of a stunningly beautiful ship. You have progressed in leaps and bounds as a builder in a very short space of time. That is an achievement to be proud of as that was not an easy build. I am a sucker for overall effect and that is why I comment on things such as ambience and effect and your Marmara is one of the truly outstanding examples in that regard. There is an air of "believability" to the model that very few can rival. I salute you, my friend! First Place Metal

Thank you !!!

Back