Marmara Trade Boat, 1:48 , SC brand [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations for finishing this interesting vessel.
Very good work
BTW: I like your magic carpet on the deck and the cuckoo clock collection in the background
Germany is sending regards......

Congratulations for finishing this interesting vessel.
Very good work
BTW: I like your magic carpet on the deck and the cuckoo clock collection in the background
Germany is sending regards......

:) @Jeronimo also liked the Cuckoo Clocks. I worked for many years at a Pharma company with headquarters in Geneva and Germany. On my position I did many travels to those offices along the years and I finished with 11 Black Forest Cuckoo Clocks.

Thanks for the compliments!!!

Daniel

Im sorry I was late seeing the finishing of the ship Daniel. It was a very fun journey with the emails and all until I had to go
play Bob the Builder for too long. She came out Museum Quality my friend, Im simply astounded how beautifully you
completed this ship. Something to really be proud of and Thank You for letting me tag along :)

Im sorry I was late seeing the finishing of the ship Daniel. It was a very fun journey with the emails and all until I had to go
play Bob the Builder for too long. She came out Museum Quality my friend, Im simply astounded how beautifully you
completed this ship. Something to really be proud of and Thank You for letting me tag along :)

Thank you Clair. You're a great asset for these forums. And thank you very much for all the help you provided. The Marmara is very far away of being a museum quality. I never targeted that , just tried to do my best and have fun. But I really appreciate the compliment.

Cheers and stay around. Now you can visit my new built "the Statenjacht Pegasus". I will need your teaching there too.

Cheers !!
Daniel

Daniel, it’s obvious you have spent many hours agonizing over the details of this build. I remember how much effort and thought you spent on just the rudder. I think your Admiral was correct on the ropes. I wish I could mirror the elegance you have provided. My work will always probably remain more down and dirty. Great job! Keep up the good work! I will follow you.

Thank you very much for those encouraging words. Please add as many comments or suggestions you would like to do. I am, and always will be, learning on this hobby. Isn’t that great for a hobby.

Cheers
Daniel

Daniel, it’s obvious you have spent many hours agonizing over the details of this build. I remember how much effort and thought you spent on just the rudder. I think your Admiral was correct on the ropes. I wish I could mirror the elegance you have provided. My work will always probably remain more down and dirty. Great job! Keep up the good work! I will follow you.

Last edited:
I have enjoyed this built A LOT. I am very happy that I decided to get back to model ship building after 20+ years of inactivity.

I need to thank all the SOS members that helped me along this journey. A Special thanks to Mike for all his teaching on how to paint the hull (many very longs emails with detailed instructions). Also a special thanks to Heinrich, Don and Clair for their continued comments and encouraging words. And to the many members that followed this building log providing a wealth of knowledge on their comments that I will forever appreciate.

THANKS YOU ALL !!!!!!
THANKS SOS !!!

This is it.......THE END
I think that this is the first visual journey that I have taken with your wonderfully finished and presented Trade Boat. The working arrangement that you employed is exactly how I like to see models. I am particularly impressed with the beautifully carved display base and dolphin supports as the entire presentation holds together very well. I also noticed your collection of Black Forest and other carved cuckoo clocks on the wall. I have one from my great-great-grandmother which somewhere in the Swedish mining camps of Colorado in the third quarter of the 1800s lost the ivory hands and wooden ones were carved to replace those. We have mostly German clocks including a couple of Junghouse which survived WWII. We keep them all running and chiming to provide the heartbeat of the house and symphony of tones when chiming. I hope that your next model is as enjoyable for you as this one has come to fruition. Rich (PT-2)

Beautiful build and log Daniel,

Are there any plans for a display case to keep her safe?

Cheers,
Stephen.

Yes... I got the acrylic sides but I am still afraid of gluing them and I haven't come yet with an idea of how to built in wood a box to place those acrylic sides.

Any suggestions?

For now is setting in my office.

Cheers
Daniel

Thank you both !!!!

I couldn't stop myself with more pictures. I placed the boat near the window and the natural light allows for a better resolution of the details.

Zoom them and all is in focus.

So here we go again :)

View attachment 183045View attachment 183046View attachment 183047View attachment 183048View attachment 183049View attachment 183050View attachment 183051View attachment 183052View attachment 183053View attachment 183054View attachment 183055View attachment 183056View attachment 183057View attachment 183058
This is such a nice little ship! Great job on the build.

Yes... I got the acrylic sides but I am still afraid of gluing them and I haven't come yet with an idea of how to built in wood a box to place those acrylic sides.

Any suggestions?

For now is setting in my office.

Cheers
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Before the suggestions a question, do you have a table saw and if so how big is it?

If you don't have a saw to make your own edging maybe gluing some strip wood to the outside of the case to simulate a frame might be an idea.

If you haven't built a case before have a look at the YouTube channel Scale Model Workshop, Paul Budzik does some great videos one of his latest is building an Acrylic display case.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Hi Daniel,

Before the suggestions a question, do you have a table saw and if so how big is it?

If you don't have a saw to make your own edging maybe gluing some strip wood to the outside of the case to simulate a frame might be an idea.

If you haven't built a case before have a look at the YouTube channel Scale Model Workshop, Paul Budzik does some great videos one of his latest is building an Acrylic display case.

Cheers,
Stephen.

Stephen, Yes I do have a micro mark table saw.

Screenshot_20210111-070149_Chrome.jpg

Thank you for the youtube video tip !!! I will look for it !!!

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Cheers,
Stephen.

I found the video . I will do it in the way he does it. I already have the acrylic cut. I will order the glue.

Here is the link in case anyone is interested.

Thank you Stephen!!!

Daniel

Back