Marmara Trade Boat (ZHL Model) 1/48

On mine I soaked these generously then shaped in with a small heating iron. Everything folded in nicely.
Also you may find it easier if you painted the small 2X2 trims first before applying, I sure did.

On mine I soaked these generously then shaped in with a small heating iron. Everything folded in nicely.
Also you may find it easier if you painted the small 2X2 trims first before applying, I sure did.
Thanks! Actually after first two broke I have soaked one in warm water and it crumbled just on easy bend . Not sure who but someone noted about wood quality/grain direction in demastdog thread. It is not that important for straight wood but for bend… I was very suspicious about plank wood and probably I had bad luck to get low quality pieces for planks. I didn't understand part to paint small trims? What are those? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Elmir ......... Good to see that you are getting organized. When I mentioned the 2mm trim in the side of your model, (let's say the trim boxing around the red
part on the bow for instance.) I have always found the finish to look more detailed when trim is painted prior to its gluing. ;)

Hello everyone. My name is Elmir and this is my first topic on this forum. In past few years I was more in plastic modeling but I really really love wooden ships soooo let's try to make something :) Before plastic models I made two boats/ships on some amateurish level from scratch but I lack of space and I'm in apartment so dust/saw and wood cuts are problem specially with two kids.

This is my first wooden kit and my full inspiration comes from finished build log from this forum and great work by mr. Daniel (Dematosdg). That's why I bought it in first place and will try to build it!

I will not talk about kit because there is full finished build log. So far I assembled building jig and keel. Not sure what kind of tempo we should expect. I have lot of work and kids and other hobbies as well :D

Sooo it begins :) Cheers and thank you
Elmir
Hallo Elmir alias @elmirze
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thank you Uwe! Very kind and I appreciate it! I didn't abandoned this small ship but lot of graphic work in this period plus I have some orders for models as the one below. These days hopefully I will start to mark planks positions on frames and start slowly to shape planks. Thanks and cheers Beer

F7D56113-3879-48BB-A8F3-E64AC4DD3B93.JPGEFE2CF20-DF54-4779-9F9D-BB1EA8E276D4.JPG5DE9D9C7-ECE9-42CA-858D-F19F4A825E65.JPG

Back