Mayflower - Model Shipways- 5/32 scale

Still waiting for a few items to start rigging. In the meantime I opened up my Viking longship to poke around it and it sucked me in a bit. So I started a log for it. I only plan to work on this until all the Mayflower items are secured.

Ya I know never open a new kit never
Happen to me all the time hard to resist :cool:

It’s been a while since I posted to this build log. I did receive the parts for rigging on the Mayflower but for some reason after starting it I could not keep going. While I have enjoyed building the Mayflower my dislike of the rigging aspect of older ships made me take stock and put the ship on hold. It’s been almost 2 years and it’s still on hold. I know I will come back to it but when you feel this way about a project I think the best think is to take a break. After a few months pause and finishing my Viking ship I started to explore other ships I have wanted to build. During the past 18 months I have slowly worked my way through a couple of easier but enjoyable ships I have always had an interest in, I lobster boat and a tugboat. While I did not keep pics for a log I will post completed pics of these two projects. Very enjoyable and after taking a break very engaging.

I'm curious. I'm currently building the Mayflower but won't get to the rigging for several months (years?). What problem will I have with rigging when I get there? Thanks for your info.

I'm curious. I'm currently building the Mayflower but won't get to the rigging for several months (years?). What problem will I have with rigging when I get there? Thanks for your info.
I don't anticipate you will have any trouble. Obviously, it greatly depends on your previous rigging experience but...you should not have any troubles as long as you have rigging layout

OK Thanks. I was asking because I thought you had some problems with the rigging on the Mayflower, but rereading it sounds more like your current distaste for rigging of the tall ships, which after completing the USS Conny I completely understand!

OK Thanks. I was asking because I thought you had some problems with the rigging on the Mayflower, but rereading it sounds more like your current distaste for rigging of the tall ships, which after completing the USS Conny I completely understand!
I built a Revell Constitution and while the wooden version has ratlines where the plastic came ready made that was intense rigging for me anyway. The instructions for rigging the Mayflower are excellent. Once I get the motivation to do some rigging I will get back to her.

Back