Medieval Fortified Village

Thank you for your comment.Thumbsup
There is still a long way to go before we really think about the future ...
After the village church, there is the cloister, the fortified gate with the drawbridge, the guard tower, the stately home, the rural house, the bases of each construction to make it a village, then the walls. and partial vegetation ...
Just the building models that I will partially modify:
img029 copie 3.jpgimg029 copie.jpgimg032.jpgimg033.jpgimg034.jpgimg035.jpgimg030.jpg img031.jpg

After all that, I'm going to go see the world of Vikings with the Oseberg (with a personal sail ^^), the Roar Ege and the NorlandBoat from BillingBoats. I've wanted to build some clapboard hulls for a very long time!

thumb.php
voilept.jpg

thumb.php

nordlandsbaaden-rybarsky-clun-1-20.jpg

But it's not for now ... :)

Last edited:
I take it you're going to reinforce the floor in your home to take the weight or have you done that already Ekis ?
Are you talking about village supports?
What I show above in the photo is what was planned by the editor in plywood. But I will do otherwise with solid wooden supports that will complement each building.

Something on these lines
Exactly ! ;)

Not necessarily this type of stone models: the tiles and stones would seem too big ... But some directors work with teams of model makers to create buildings like on The Lord of the Rings or Blade Runner for example ... :cool:

Uh, yes thank you!
But I have no doubt about the inter-armies collaboration and the European navies. I know, having participated in it a long time ago, that European soldiers and sailors are doing all kinds of maneuvers together. :)

The first cloister building is advancing quite a bit.
I had to transform a little to make it more aesthetic and conform to the Roman Art of the church. The old kit did not provide for a column, no difference between the exterior and the interior openings.

Similarly, I added floor tiles and a door from the tower which seems logical ... I spent a few hours there.
The remaining holes or stone overflows are future connections with the church or the rest of the buildings. :)

Here, the 1st building of the cloister was attached to the church.
The corner tower between the 1st and the 2nd body is built (at the base, it should not be opened inside, in other words, the 2 building bodies could not communicate ...)

The 2nd building is in progress: it will be doubled in depth and will not have a colonnade on the outside, but small openings representing the cells of the monks. On the other hand, the face on the cloister takes up the columns of the 1st.

I also worked on the transformation of the 3rd building closing the cloister: I really have to think about it! It will also be doubled and will also receive the same principle there as the previous one, but the "corner hinge" between the two will be ... a barn (bottom floor) and a cylindrical dovecote (for the top)!
You have to create all the cardboard supports for the transformations, of course.

So, still "a little" of work on this church / cloister block !! ROTF

The progress of the work ... I show you some pictures of the site. It is not very clear, the result once everything is in place will be easier to understand.
These are just a few photos.

Building 2 of the cloister is done: all it needs is its tiles. I will do all the roofs once all the blocks are in place.

This is the establishment of building 2 and the support of the future dove and building 3 that will close the cloister.

And some pictures of the last building under construction:

I use the cardboard supports that were provided at the base to make my own buildings ... Hence the shape of the arches that will not be used.

Some additional views with the layout of the buildings (the roofs are still missing).
The last 3 photos with the last circular building in full assembly: the dovecote.
He will finally miss the small end of the wall with a door to connect the cloister to the rear of the church.

Back