Medieval Fortified Village

Step by step it is reminding me on an italian film-series I liked very much in the past.
It was "Don Camillo and Pepone" and the location has some similarities

That looks fantastic - if you wasn't holding it in your paw it would look like a real building - I like it - a lot!

I finally finished the cloister roofs!
I was also able to test a first ageing of the church/cloister ensemble before inserting, later, some vegetation.
Some tests are also being done on the hall...

So, here are the final views of this part : I'm going to throw you a tsunami of pictures ! :p

Some views with my hand and ruler to realize the scale!

Close-up on the base of the Market place:

Some great pictures of a great build - I remain totally fascinated by this and cant wait to see how it progresses. I cant believe how realistic it looks - you're a very talented guy.

I finished laying the tiles in the covered market.
So I'm moving on to the suite that will be the "rural" house... Actually a town house. I'll have more to do, but this is the one from the basic kit.

And I'm transforming a bit what was planned: everything was to be made of stone. My version will have half-timbering on the first floor, which will be filled with bricks, the ground level remaining in stone.
The back wall is a part of the village wall: it will be with large stones for the sole, and normal size for the rest.

A 1st thin structure (1mm) of the studs is in place: it allows the 3mm thick bricks to be wedged. Once the bricks have been sanded, a 2nd layer of 2mm stained wood will come flush with the bricks ;)

Last edited:
The construction continues quietly with the installation of the openings.
On the back, the stones are part of the outer wall, so they are rougher on purpose. The first bricks between the half-timbering are also started to see what it looks like.

A little idea of the mess on the desks:

Great details and in closeup-photos we can see that it is looking very realistic - Very good work

Small update :
- finished stone walls
- the studs are in place
- the first floor roof canopy
- window shutters
- all doors

There's still work to be done:
- the tiles in their entirety
- the stairs on the right (stone) and left (wood)
- stone doorsteps
- paving on the floor
- the pillars of support
- overall ageing

Thank you very much Jim: I love your enthusiasm!
2923955239.gif

This house is finished. :)
Some final pictures :

Next, it will be the belfry/west door attached to a small house.
The tower of the belfry comes from an error in sending the kit: I received twice the cardboard base of the church bell tower...
I'm going to transform this base to create the open doors, insert a hoist, a sundial, eliminate the bell tower openings, put a roof, decrease the height a bit.
The little house will be glued directly to the tower to have a city block.

Back