Model Expo problems

Been out of town since last Sunday, but just wanted to say;

My intent in the first post was NOT to berate anyone or any company. I have ordered from these people 4 or 5 times before and had absolutely no problems.

The order was placed Aug 11.
Notification of shipping and credit card billed Aug 17.

Shipping was via UPS, NOT USPS, and a tracking number was included.

After two weeks, the tracking info from UPS STILL SAID - label created, ready for pickup.

I tried getting information from UPS, but was told I had to contact the shipper.

This I did, via the sellers website, getting a reply that said " this is an automated reply and does not accept replies". I also tried to call them on the phone, but it said the inbox was full and could not accept further messages. So, in effect, I couldn't reach them. Around Sept 8.

After several days with no further contact, I'm kinda stuck in the middle. One choice, as I saw it, were to contact my credit card company and begin a fraud complaint to get my money back. I do not know what the consequences for the seller are of doing this. Are they detrimental? I don't know.

Then, by accident actually, I saw the advertisement in the right hand banner of this website. That's when I started this thread. More to find out about any potential issues with the company than anything else. Surly not to start a dog fight or anything.

The response from that point was quick and to the point, with a follow up on Sept 13. Bluebeard replied right away, followed up in his commitment on the 14th.

3 DAYS LATER - my order arrived.

So, as I see it, it was much more a matter of communication than picking and shipping the order. I don't know what went wrong and probably never will, but a lack of timely communication seems to be an issue. Being left in the dark, by both the shipper and the carrier about an order worth $100.00, leaves you feeling caught in the middle with not much recourse to rectify the issue.

Anyway, I finally got my stuff and I'm satisfied.

Gene

I suspect that is the case. I have ordered items online and been notified of 'supply line difficulties' delaying delivery. I fear if the president gets his way it will get worse. MKy sympathy for the hard working delivery people who, I believe, are doing the best they can. Then again, I don't live in california.....

Getting to this thread late however, my two centavos:
My delivery issues from any company be it model related, wood working etc. result from when the original shipper ships via UPS then it’s transferred to USPS the troubles begin. I believe that’s called SurePost If possible when ordering I request the shipper not to use SurePost. SurePost, that’s an oxymoron if I’ve ever heard one.
Ron

i have had this issue happen to me several times in the last few years.. What has happened is that the retailer created a shipping label for your package, took your money, but NEVER made a package. They either simply made the label, and threw it out. Or in one instance, they actually sent me the shipping label on the backing paper as it came out of the printer, but NOTHING attached to it, like a really really expensive post card.

I used model expo between 1990 and 2000, it was the only place i could afford, as i was a kid with no internet. I spent alot of money on plastic ship kits from them, and had alot of hit and miss experiences iwth them. They had a tendency to advertise models they did not have, and to put things on back order and never ship them when they came in.

I did spend most of that decade drooling over the Fair American POB kit, still have their yearly magazine with the kit on the cover somwhere in the closet. And I also drooled on the billing models that were built in two halves

At 71 I have learned to be understanding of things with which I am not familiar. Over time I have not been disappointed with my business with Model Expo or any other model kit/supplies vendor which include ModelSpace, JoTiKa, and Lauck Street Shipyard. Got a problem? Give a call. Speak politely and ask about a timeframe for delivery. If you already do these things ten you are well on your way to peace of mind.

At 71 I have learned to be understanding of things with which I am not familiar. Over time I have not been disappointed with my business with Model Expo or any other model kit/supplies vendor which include ModelSpace, JoTiKa, and Lauck Street Shipyard. Got a problem? Give a call. Speak politely and ask about a timeframe for delivery. If you already do these things ten you are well on your way to peace of mind.

well said Spars like you if i place an order i sit back with the thought it will get here sooner or later, i do not have to have it right now. A majority of customers will wait sometimes you get that customer who does not get their order in 3 days and you get nasty Emails or posts on forums about how bad the service is.
model building is a or should be a relaxing hobby what is the rush if you get that kit in 3 days or 7 days?

See post #43 above.
In my case, I was unable to contact the supplier by phone or e-mail. E-mails were no longer replied to. The phone went to voicemail but the inbox was full and wouldn't accept any more messages. It would have just been nice to have had some contact so I would know what was going on. I didn't expect anything in 3 days, or a week or even 2. But after a month, with absolutely no replies, I was searching for a way to rectify the matter. I could have just filed a fraud complaint with my credit card company and gotten my money back, but I didn't want to cause issues with the vendor by doing that.

All it would have taken is a reply from them, but that never happened until I posted on this site. Then things were taken care of in just a matter of 3 days.

EJ

After reading these posts, my memory was jogged about an order I placed before Christmas. When I checked the status with the tracking number, it had the same message as mentioned by others...."label created..ready for pick up". This was still the status shown on the day I received my shipment. Got it when Model Expo said I would, so it all worked out with a minor amount of aggravation.

well said Spars like you if i place an order i sit back with the thought it will get here sooner or later, i do not have to have it right now. A majority of customers will wait sometimes you get that customer who does not get their order in 3 days and you get nasty Emails or posts on forums about how bad the service is.
model building is a or should be a relaxing hobby what is the rush if you get that kit in 3 days or 7 days?
The way I look at it is that I laid down a bundle(for me) of money so I can afford to wait. As a retired widower I have no time constraints except for caring for my handicapped adult son. CatMan, my feline friend requires only food and someplace to sleep.

After reading these posts, my memory was jogged about an order I placed before Christmas. When I checked the status with the tracking number, it had the same message as mentioned by others...."label created..ready for pick up". This was still the status shown on the day I received my shipment. Got it when Model Expo said I would, so it all worked out with a minor amount of aggravation.
A man I worked for as a teenager said to me. "Stick your hand in a bucket of water. Pull it out. If you left an impression you are important!" Adds perspective to my impetuosity.

Thst is s post office isdue not model expo,they drop the parcels at the post office or they pick them up but not scanned in snd therefore no status will show up

I have never had a problem with Model Expo.
I ordered a laser deck for the 1/92 USS Constitution on Dec 2nd, from HiS Model and received it on January 5th. They shipped it out on Dec 3rd. It had to go through customs at New York., which was the main lag point. A month was not bad service, and HiS responded quickly to my email, when queried about the order.
I got the kit from a friend who said it was too much for him, and ordered the HiS deck (which, by the way, are excellent) when I got the kit.
I put the hull together, repaired the mess made of the gun deck, and started the gun caissons, so was busy at the time the deck was reecived.
Expect longer deliveries from overseas, order ahead of time and relax.
The vendors though should be sure to respond quickly, a very good way to keep a customer informed and happy.

After a long history of buying from Model Expo, an order made over two months ago has a status of "processing" on their website, and their guy "John" has not responded to multiple emails and phone calls. WTF is going on over there?! :confused:

After a long history of buying from Model Expo, an order made over two months ago has a status of "processing" on their website, and their guy "John" has not responded to multiple emails and phone calls. WTF is going on over there?! :confused:
Please @Bluebeard ,can you help Kurt with his order?

Back