I was given an already started model of the Syren from Model Shipways. A very nice gift but I needed to do a lot of repairs and adjustments.
I will be documenting my efforts on YouTube as well. View attachment 158082
Reviewed the documentation and plan. I have a few items to correct.
Bearding line missing on one side.
Small adjustments for the deck, some of the blocks are a bit too. high.
Sills and Lintels all over the place.
Stem was over sanded on one side or misaligned.
I am getting to take it apart and correct as much as possible these issues.
Numbering and removing Sills and Lintels.
Removed the Stem. I will need to rebuild from scratch.
And of course, repairing the broken frame stems
I also remove the keel and rabbet strip since they were damaged during my attempt to add the bearding line.
The deconstruction continues on my Syren. I noticed a few issues with frame adjustments. Here is what my survey outlined.
The second and third frames from the stern were too high, resulting in a 1/16 gap between the top of the frame and the center 'spine'.
The solution was to remove them and the blocks surrounding them and push them down. I had a similar situation in the bow (see below). I was able to use a thin strip to provide a smooth transition across all frames for the deck planking.
Deconstruction madness in pictures.
Since the frames were glued with white glue, I used Acetone to soften the glue and a few tools to remove them. Time for your shot!
Removal frame 2.
Dry fitting frame 2.
Drama with frame 3. The doctor is busy. LOL.... Gluing and rehabilitation.
Dry fitting line with frames 2 and 3. MUCH BETTER !!!