Model VICTORY by Deagostini, scale 1/84

Great start Sasha. Is the whole kit in translated Russian (ie plans, instruction book etc) or is it a mix of languages?

PeterG
Peter, these are Deagostini's magazines. In our country, they are sold in Russian. There are no complete plans, each magazine has a separate build stage. I have an anatomy based on this model, so I peep into it.

Hello. Work continues. I bought linden boards. It turned out to be not an easy task to find them. Bypassed the entire building materials market. Found only in one store that sells wood for decorating a bath. He began to fill in the spaces.

20210810_212238.jpg20210810_210200.jpg

The hull became noticeably heavier and the frames of the frames could not stand it. One broke off. I came up with such a simple design. I cut off two pieces of plywood and screwed them to the bow and stern frames. Then I will delete them. Now the body does not reach the table and you can fill the spacing further.

20210810_210235.jpg20210810_210311.jpg20210810_210321.jpg

Attachments

• 20210810_210235.jpg
    20210810_210235.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 11
That's the way to plank a plank on Bulkhead model! Thumbsup Okay Thumbs-Up
finally, somebody agrees with me. It has nothing to do with Re.inforce the Hul. In this case, I am on the meaning, that this can/could be made much easier-I will show another method with a look of a POG build from outside.This can only be used w2hen the distance between bulkheads on the fakse Keel are the same

Attachments

• 396- mididas fallsa quilla.jpg
    396- mididas fallsa quilla.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 397 hacer copias del bulkheads.jpg
    397 hacer copias del bulkheads.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 398-bulkhead and half bulkhead491.jpg
    398-bulkhead and half bulkhead491.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 402- espacios encolada.jpg
    402- espacios encolada.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 405-- todas las cuadernas, con espacios y media cuardernas encolas..jpg
    405-- todas las cuadernas, con espacios y media cuardernas encolas..jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 30
finally, somebody agrees with me. It has nothing to do with Re.inforce the Hul. In this case, I am on the meaning, that this can/could be made much easier-I will show another method with a look of a POG build from outside.This can only be used w2hen the distance between bulkheads on the fakse Keel are the same
Do you suggest cutting a bunch of additional frames instead of filling in the spacing? Not the best option with a body length of about 1 meter. In addition, it is necessary to additionally select the shape of the new frames. And also to fill up the keel frame with new slots, when it does not differ in its rigidity anyway with its length. Agree, your method is more laborious and costly.

Or did you mean filling with small bars instead of large ones like mine? This method is not convenient in this case. The purpose of filling the spacing with linden bars is to correctly draw the contours of the hull before sheathing. In the future, there will be no failures in the cladding, and as a result, there will be no need to use a putty. The result is a cast body that is convenient to work with. Yes, it will be a little heavier, but this is not such a big disadvantage compared to the correct body contours.

Hello. Continuation of the construction of VICTORI. Installed deck beams. Some of them are thin, so I made stops under them, like pillers. They will not be visible, so I imitated the pillers with bars. This is to keep the deck from sagging in the middle.20210815_142231.jpg20210815_185737.jpg

Back