Modelshipbuilder.com and Journal

I spend much time reading posts on SOS and also have been to modelshipbuilder.com.

Recently modelshipbuilder.com stopped working and I get a 404 error. Also MSB Journal with link here in SOS is broken.

Is anybody else having these problems? Does anyone know what’s happened?

I spend much time reading posts on SOS and also have been to modelshipbuilder.com.

Recently modelshipbuilder.com stopped working and I get a 404 error. Also MSB Journal with link here in SOS is broken.

Is anybody else having these problems? Does anyone know what’s happened?
Apparently, its under "reconstruction"

Screenshot_20231204-163714_Chrome.jpg

I have all the MSB journals i can send to Donnie if it is ok with Winston or as Donnie said winston can send them.

As for the MSB site and forum as Bryian said it was far to outdated and new software and a total rebuilding would have to be done.
Winston is a member here and i do not want to speak for him concerning a future site. Last communication with Winston he is undecided as to what he will do.

@Winston
If you have all the journals on your local PC, can you send them to me so that at least we can install them on our server and provide a home for those as well as a link to those?
However, I don't think the forum will allow that large of a file set even if was "zipped". I need to figure out another way. Maybe DROPBOX will work.

Thanks

The MSB site is obviously down. It has been now for five or six weeks. As mentioned above the software the site was running on was very old. Technology finally caught up to things and the site became unusable. So, at present we are reviewing our options for building a new site. What hasn't been determined yet is what is going to be available on the site. (i.e. galleries, forum etc). The process is just a little slow at the moment as this also happens to be a very busy time for me with my day job. Not sure why I say Day job as it takes up just as much of my evenings as well. But that will change quickly in the upcoming weeks.

MSB Journal tab is a nice addition. More hours immersed in Maritime history and Model Ship Building. Running out of time in the day here.

Back