MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks for the updated info, I will look into the listed set. I have good large size files, but need the smaller ones for work to be done.

I may have to pull my chair up to the second row, near the pop corn machine, if possible, looks like the front row may be full now!
Hello Kurt, Yes please do, there is lots of room in the viewing area, the pop corn machine dose get a lot of attention.
Regards Lawrence

Haven’t posted in a while just wanted to say thanks again to all who helped with my 60+ year search for the “Sovereign of the Seas”. Now I want to find a “Mississippi Queen” kit by Saito. Started or not is ok, any help would be appreciate. Thanks again

Hello Ship Mates
I do realize that I am far behind most or all builders in building my YQ Bluenose # 001, but I am still tied up very much so in my scratch Oliver Cromwell build and now working on the Main Mast Sails.
I have not abandoned my Bluenose build and have been giving her a lot of thought lately. On the plus side I have ordered 20 strips of Ramin 3mm x 1mm x 36' from Ages of Sail.
I have also ordered 1000 tiny brass nails 0.6mmx 6mm from Dry-Dock Model and Parts to be used to simulate the bolts in the hull frames.
Both of these items should arrive at my Old Ship Yard early next week. This has me very much excited to soon be able to start my YQ Bluenose build.
I have been looking at Zoltan's little Boxwood rigging blocks that very much surpass any other that I have seen. I do believe that these blocks could very easily be converted into a working block for an working ships wheel and rudder set up, very nice indeed. But then that is a long way down the road, first my Oliver Cromwell and then my YQ Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

HI LAWRENCE AND ALL, HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN MY BLUENOSE EITHER JUST ON PAUSE, I CAN GET A GOOD START FOLLOWING LAWRENCES BUILD WHEN HE STARTS I HAVE A FEW FRAMES TO FINISH UP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Hello Don, It is nice to know that you have nor forgotten your YQ Bluenose. I am getting a bit excited to start my Bluenose but I must complete my Oliver Cromwell first as my Old Ship Yard is just to small to have two builds going at the same time, but Soon.
Regards Lawrence

I ordered the pear wood blocks for my BN...I think they will look good with some clear. Sounds like you are getting some of the materials ready for your BN. You are on the home stretch of the OC build. ;)
Hello Dean, thanks for your visit to my build log, Yes I am gathering up a few odds and ends to start my YQ Bluenose. You are doing such a good job on your Bluenose. You are setting a great example for the rest of us to fowl as you do set such a very high standard. I am sure that the 50 or more builds that there be no two the same.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I are still working on our Oliver Cromwell, working on the Lower Fore Sail now so we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
We received our 1x3mmx39" Ramin wood today for the deck of our YQ-Bluenose. It sure dose look good, can hardly wait to use it but that is a long way into the future , probably next winter.
We also received 1000 little nails 0.6mmx 6mm to represent the hull bolts in the hull framing, I do believe the will look very good and will make this task just a bit easier. I was kind of hopping that Zollie would have added a couple of his 4mm Pear wood blocks in the single and double but no such luck, so I will have to wait until I order a set for my up and coming YQ Bluenose.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5960.JPGIMG_5961.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I are still working on our Oliver Cromwell, working on the Lower Fore Sail now so we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
We received our 1x3mmx39" Ramin wood today for the deck of our YQ-Bluenose. It sure dose look good, can hardly wait to use it but that is a long way into the future , probably next winter.
We also received 1000 little nails 0.6mmx 6mm to represent the hull bolts in the hull framing, I do believe the will look very good and will make this task just a bit easier. I was kind of hopping that Zollie would have added a couple of his 4mm Pear wood blocks in the single and double but no such luck, so I will have to wait until I order a set for my up and coming YQ Bluenose.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 231517View attachment 231518
Great news Lawrence! I just love the Ramin wood! It looks so nice stained, and then hit with some steel wool. ;) Good choice on the nails, and you will love the pearwood blocks!

I do not see any relevance of your post to the topics being discussed. @Uwek @zoly99sask @Jimsky _ This is the second obvious spam posting on the Bluenose Group Build during the week.

@Laurgeweellap I do not see any relevance of your post to the topics being discussed. @Uwek @zoly99sask @Jimsky _ This is the second obvious spam posting on the Bluenose Group Build during the week.
I move his post, it is posted in the wrong place. The user is not spam.

Hello Ship Mates, Today after a very hard time, that is since my Admiral Bernadette fell and almost killed her self in a fall last August I finally got my Old Ship Yard cleared up from my scratch build the Oliver Cromwell making a little room to work on my New YQ Bluenose that has sat idol for the last year now.
Today I dug her out from our spare room that is a catch all for every thing under the sun, Dug out a heavy piece of glass to glue up the keel. I spent the last hour or so cleaning up the laser char, something that I have not did for years now in preparation for gluing up after supper this evening, after I get it prepared and then cleaned up.
I have decided to follow in Heinrich's foot steps with the building of the ships keel that I watched with great interest a year ago now, Golly it feels great to be back and able to work in my Old Ship Yard again.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6055.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Lawrence.
It’s good to see you picked up your BN. And read in your Cromwell build-log your Admiral Bernadette is (slowly) recovering.
All my best wishes for you, Bernadette and your further build of the BN.
Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes the YQ Bluenose will be a fun build that is for sure, but mine will be no where's as elaborate as yours, a one of a kind build, I just love all of that very fine detail that you are adding to your YQ Bluenose.
Regards Lawrence

Glad your BN is back in the active yard, now to watch and see what comes out of the yard day by day.

Hope all stays well with you and the admiral and you can spend more time in the yard.
Hello Kurt, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words. Yes it is nice to be back.
Regards Lawrence

Back