MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

My dearest Lawrence (aka #001) you returning to the shipyard is truly the best news I received in 2021 - and obviously Bernadette's slow - but steady - recovery, is the icing on the cake. Take your time, and relish every moment of your build. She will be a stunning ship in your hands - welcome back!

My dearest Lawrence (aka #001) you returning to the shipyard is truly the best news I received in 2021 - and obviously Bernadette's slow - but steady - recovery, is the icing on the cake. Take your time, and relish every moment of your build. She will be a stunning ship in your hands - welcome back!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on my YQ Bluenose, also for your very kind words and ever so nice comments.
Yes it is nice to be back in my Old Ship Yard again where I can whittle away the hours so easily. Yes my Admiral Bernadette is improving but it will be some time before she fully takes over her kitchen again, but things are much easier now leaving me more time to build my YQ Bluenose. She will not at all be as stunning as a few of our Bluenose Build Group have did that are far beyond my skill level but then again I have a few ideas that will make my ship a one of a kind, most of all she is a joy to build and I am still on the keel.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today after a very hard time, that is since my Admiral Bernadette fell and almost killed her self in a fall last August I finally got my Old Ship Yard cleared up from my scratch build the Oliver Cromwell making a little room to work on my New YQ Bluenose that has sat idol for the last year now.
Today I dug her out from our spare room that is a catch all for every thing under the sun, Dug out a heavy piece of glass to glue up the keel. I spent the last hour or so cleaning up the laser char, something that I have not did for years now in preparation for gluing up after supper this evening, after I get it prepared and then cleaned up.
I have decided to follow in Heinrich's foot steps with the building of the ships keel that I watched with great interest a year ago now, Golly it feels great to be back and able to work in my Old Ship Yard again.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 277249
Good, another POF Bluenose example! I'll be starting this build shortly, so rest assured I'll keep my eyes on you... ;)

Merry Christmas,

Johan

Good, another POF Bluenose example! I'll be starting this build shortly, so rest assured I'll keep my eyes on you... ;)

Merry Christmas,

Johan
Hello Johan, Welcome to my YQ Bluenose build log. I am pleased to have you on board, the more the merrier. I hope that I will not disappoint you in this very fun build.
Regards Lawrence

My friend,
I am very happy to see, that you are back building model ships - these a great news
Enjoy the time
all the Best to you and your Admiral Bernadette - Merry Christmas
Hello Uwe, I thank you for your visit to my build log on the YQ Bluenose, a very much a fun build. It is nice to be back in my Old Ship Yard again building these fine little ships.
Bernadette and I send along our Best Wishes to You and Your Family for a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Happier New Year to come.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Bernadette and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.
I have been spending a bit of time in my Old Ship Yard the last couple of days and we the little fellows and I have cleaned up the char on part #08 to #15 and glued them all together, spent a lot of time waiting for my glue to dry.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6057.JPG

Great to see you are back at the shipyard, Lawrence, and even greater to see you start building a new model!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Bernadette. Health, happiness, and joy!

Hello Ship Mates, Bernadette and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.
I have been spending a bit of time in my Old Ship Yard the last couple of days and we the little fellows and I have cleaned up the char on part #08 to #15 and glued them all together, spent a lot of time waiting for my glue to dry.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 277647
Looks good, soon you will be ready to make frames! ;)

Great to see you are back at the shipyard, Lawrence, and even greater to see you start building a new model!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Bernadette. Health, happiness, and joy!
Hello Jim, Thank you very much for the very nice welcome back to My Old Ship Yard, it is a joy that I have misted a great deal, still not a lot of time to build but it is a nice start,
Bernadette and I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Greater and Happier New Year to Come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Looks good, soon you will be ready to make frames! ;)
Hello Dean, Thanks very much for your visit to my YQ Bluenose build log. Yes I am looking forward to building frames, but unlike a scratch build these are all ready cut out making the task much easier.
Bernadette my Admiral and I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.

The longest time spent waiting on glue to dry is better than not spending time in the shop at all
Hello Kurt, Yes this is very true, but it dose seam to take up so much time at this stage,
Bernadette and I Wish You and your Family a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.

Great to see here at the shipyard, Lawrence, to see you start building your BN

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk, Yes it is a joy to be back in my Old Ship Yard, sure have slowed down this last year, must be getting Old!!!
Bernadette my Admiral and I wish You and Your Family a Very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year To Come.

Hallo my friend Lawrence, alais @Canoe21
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Enjoy your special day and celebrate your 80th birthday
Birthday-Cake
Hello Uwe, I thank you very much for your very kind greetings and along with all of those great treats. I was kind of trying to forget the Big 80 as it sounds so old, just could be the reason that I have slowed down so vert much.
Regards Lawrence

Back