MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Lawrence, looking good. I thought you were going to order some stain from Home Depot?
Hello Dean, Yes I was going to do just that but the stuff I was looking at ended a conditioner before applying and that scared me away, so I am still looking, I thank you for your consumes. We have not given up as yet.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed the wheel house for our YQ-Bluenose. Here it is dry fitted as we are still undecided on the deck stain and the copper paint for the lower hull. This I must decide on before the rudder can be applied.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 356548

View attachment 356549
Step by step your aft deck is filling with nice functional additions, Lawrence.
Regard, Peter

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed the wheel house for our YQ-Bluenose. Here it is dry fitted as we are still undecided on the deck stain and the copper paint for the lower hull. This I must decide on before the rudder can be applied.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 356548

View attachment 356549
Dear Lawrence
Very nice progress in the work on the ship, unfortunately I missed the work done by you in the last month. Well done my friend

Dear Lawrence
Very nice progress in the work on the ship, unfortunately I missed the work done by you in the last month. Well done my friend
Hello Shota, Welcome to my YQ-Bluenose build log. I thank you very much for your very nice words and nice comments.
I also thank you for all of the likes they are very much appreciated.
Regards Lawrence

Looking at your log, put the little fellows here to work;)

And guess what, made a lot of progress this weekend
I expect they'll have the whole railing finished by next weekend

Regards
Henk
Hello Henk, Yes that could have been the case but after looking at our hinges on the wheel house and the aft cabin door we decided to rework them. I thought they were small before and now I would call them Micro. These hinges were out of scale before, now I believe they will be more fitting. For sure my eyes are now strained and seam crossed from working on these tiny things.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, After looking at our hinges that we had built and installed on the wheel house and the aft cabin the little fellows and I decided to replace them, along with a new set of cabin doors as the new hinges did not cover the old mounting holes.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 357167

View attachment 357168
Size does Matters! These are looking much better, Lawrence.
Regards, Peter

Hello Ship Mates, After looking at our hinges that we had built and installed on the wheel house and the aft cabin the little fellows and I decided to replace them, along with a new set of cabin doors as the new hinges did not cover the old mounting holes.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 357167

View attachment 357168
Good morning Lawrence. Great redo! Those new hinges make a difference for sure. Cheers Grant

These hinges were out of scale before, now I believe they will be more fitting. For sure my eyes are now strained and seam crossed from working on these tiny things.
I sympathize! Those hinges cost me dearly; in time, in redo's, in cramped fingers and sore eyes...
Looking at your light additions, I am a little envious. They're looking great!

I sympathize! Those hinges cost me dearly; in time, in redo's, in cramped fingers and sore eyes...
Looking at your light additions, I am a little envious. They're looking great!
Hello Johan, Thanks for your very kind words and understanding. The little fellows and I spent yesterday building the motor box and a lot more little hinges to go with it, We found these a little easier, but still ended up with cramped fingers and sour eyes. Today should be easier!!! I hope. Yes those Led Lights sure do make a difference, yours will look great.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed the painting and assembling the ships windless, we still have to build a Pawl and hinge to attach to the Samson post but that will come a bit later. The windless is dry fitted until we can decide on just what we will do for a deck stain.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed our much deserved windless re build. We installed the Pawl flapper and dry fitted the bow sprite just for looks. I can not under stand why we take those short cuts when we know for sure that they will not pass the final inspection. We think it looks a lot better now.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6286.JPG

IMG_6287.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed our much deserved windless re build. We installed the Pawl flapper and dry fitted the bow sprite just for looks. I can not under stand why we take those short cuts when we know for sure that they will not pass the final inspection. We think it looks a lot better now.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 358963

View attachment 358964

View attachment 358965
Essentially, any addition to the basic windlass assembly is an improvement.
It's coming together rather nicely!

Back