MY BLUENOSE- YUANQING SCALE 1:72 SCALE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed our much deserved windless re build. We installed the Pawl flapper and dry fitted the bow sprite just for looks. I can not under stand why we take those short cuts when we know for sure that they will not pass the final inspection. We think it looks a lot better now.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 358963

View attachment 358964

View attachment 358965
A nice personal touch with nice tiny parts, Lawrence. It shows the functionality of the windlass.
Regards, Peter

Essentially, any addition to the basic windlass assembly is an improvement.
It's coming together rather nicely!
Hello Johan, I thank you for your very kind words. I do find this small scale very challenging, things look not bad at all to the naked eye but these Macro pictures sure can make that same thing horrible.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and I completed our much deserved windless re build. We installed the Pawl flapper and dry fitted the bow sprite just for looks. I can not under stand why we take those short cuts when we know for sure that they will not pass the final inspection. We think it looks a lot better now.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 358963

View attachment 358964

View attachment 358965
Good morning Lawrence. Very well done indeed. I enjoy the extras you have added to make this a “working” windlass. It’s all those little details which make the boat. Cheers Grant

Good morning Lawrence. Very well done indeed. I enjoy the extras you have added to make this a “working” windlass. It’s all those little details which make the boat. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I have always liked a lot of detail and enjoy adding them. This small scale sure dose make things a lot harder but well worth the extra effort.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been rather busy tiding up our YQ- Bluenose. We have finally decided not to stain our mane decks, we still may give them a light wash to enhance the color a bit but that can wait for now. We are finally starting to glue in our deck decorations. We have built the Motor box to house the little motor that was sent to me by Henk using Deans designs, I thank you both very much for your very fine work. This little motor is very nice with a lot of detasil, much better than the one that I was originally going to scratch build.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_6290.JPG

IMG_6291.JPG

IMG_6292.JPG

IMG_6293.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have been rather busy tiding up our YQ- Bluenose. We have finally decided not to stain our mane decks, we still may give them a light wash to enhance the color a bit but that can wait for now. We are finally starting to glue in our deck decorations. We have built the Motor box to house the little motor that was sent to me by Henk using Deans designs, I thank you both very much for your very fine work. This little motor is very nice with a lot of detasil, much better than the one that I was originally going to scratch build.
Regards Lawrence

View attachment 359287

View attachment 359288

View attachment 359289

View attachment 359290
You and your little fellows have made some nice little motor box, Lawrence. And the little motor it self, from a US-design by Dean @Dean62, some interacting by myself, a NL-printing via Henk @Henk Liebre , now to a CA-installation by Lawrence @Canoe21. What a nice International SoS cooperation! :)
Regards, Peter

You and your little fellows have made some nice little motor box, Lawrence. And the little motor it self, from a US-design by Dean @Dean62, some interacting by myself, a NL-printing via Henk @Henk Liebre , now to a CA-installation by Lawrence @Canoe21. What a nice International SoS cooperation! :)
Regards, Peter
Yes Peter, the collaboration was international, beneficial and fun. This BN group has been a real rewarding experience for many! And we made friends along the way! ;)
I miss you guys over here…

Regards, Peter
Hello Peter, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. Also for helping in the development of the little windless motor, it sure has turned into an international event with great results. Today we hop[e to be able to install it in the little motor box that we built.
Regards Lawrence

Yes Peter, the collaboration was international, beneficial and fun. This BN group has been a real rewarding experience for many! And we made friends along the way! ;)
I miss you guys over here…
Hello Dean, I thank you for your part in the development of this little motor. It will surly enhance my YQ-Bluenose, today I plan to install it.
Regards Lawrence

That’s great Lawrence! It is always nice to see other’s benefit from something that everyone worked together to make happen.
Yes Dean this is very true, I followed the development of this little windless motor with great interest. hoping that one day I would acquire one rather than try to build a scratch build one that would not be nearly as nice. Then Henk in his great generosity sent me one, it was like having Christmas all over again, Thanks to you all.
Regards Lawrence

Your motor looks lovely Lawrence - it is great that you could benefit from the "Collaborators". As a teenager I remember an American or British TV show called the Collaborators that was broadcast in South Africa. At that stage, I had no idea what the word meant, but I found out quickly enough! ROTF

Your motor looks lovely Lawrence - it is great that you could benefit from the "Collaborators". As a teenager I remember an American or British TV show called the Collaborators that was broadcast in South Africa. At that stage, I had no idea what the word meant, but I found out quickly enough! ROTF
Hello Heinrich, Thank you very much for your very nice words and comments. I am very pleased to be offered one of these windless motors for my YQ-Bluenose, and it made it's way to Canada.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Today has been a tidy up day in the Old Ship Yard for the little fellows and my self. Since we decided not to stain our decks this has led the way to glue and install all of the forward deck furniture. We have installed the ships windless, bow sprite, the forward companion way and the windless motor drive gears. We did install the windless motor in the motor box and also gave it a little Led Lamp. We also did the same for the companion way, and last but not the least we have finally installed the stairs to the upper deck. We have checked out our led lighting with only the starboard green lamp to add and the mast head light., these will be installed much later.

Regards Lawrence

IMG_6294.JPG

IMG_6295.JPG

IMG_6296.JPG

IMG_6297.JPG

IMG_6298.JPG

Last edited:
Wonderful Lawrence! The lighting looks superb in the motor box!
Hello Paul, I thank you for your very kind words. Yes I to do like the Led Lights, but for the pictures I should have chosen a lower light level as my little remote has four light levels on it.
But it is all starting to look very cozy.
Regards Lawrence

Back