My Collection

I've just looked on their website, these models are not cheap in anyway , neither are their display cases . :eek::eek::eek: You don't have much change from £2,000 ( they are a work of art in their right) I also found out that they are part of the Hornby Group ( Airfix, Hornby Trains )

Hot off the bench. 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550. Was the first of the GPz line and the introduction of Kawasaki's single-shock rear suspension "Uni-trak". 1:12 scale, built from the Aoshima kit. Modified by adding a performance exhaust system and removing unnecessary bits for a track day at Nordschleife. I got one more bike kit and then moving on to other stuff for now.

IMG_0117.jpgIMG_0120.jpg

Hot off the bench. 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550. Was the first of the GPz line and the introduction of Kawasaki's single-shock rear suspension "Uni-trak". 1:12 scale, built from the Aoshima kit. Modified by adding a performance exhaust system and removing unnecessary bits for a track day at Nordschleife. I got one more bike kit and then moving on to other stuff for now.

View attachment 145253View attachment 145254

Nice

most-likely Kawasaki ( ~1970)

Good job. In 1972, Kawasaki released the KZ900 also known as the "Z1". This was the original "superbike". Easily 20hp more than the next closest bike at the time, 0 - 60mph in 3.5 sec, 1/4 in 12 sec, 135mph top speed. Kawasaki put a lump of motor in a rather flimsy frame that didn't handle very well. But, in a straight line, it was king. I lusted for this bike as a teenager.

Lot's of chrome. As far as I know the only bike to use a 4-into-4 exhaust configuration. 900cc inline aircooled double-overhead cam 4 cylinder made 82hp.
IMG_0136.jpg

View from the seat. Even with the broad 5 gallon tank the motor sticks out on both sides. The first bike to come with a 160mph speedometer.
IMG_0135.jpg

No fairing, spoke wheels, bias ply tires, drum rear brake, wimpy shocks and swingarm ... dangerous by today's standards. But still a beauty.
IMG_0137.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, the Z1.
Spare underwear required at the top end of the performance envelope.
It would turn a straight road into a series of curves.
Don't ask me how I know.
Smashing models.

WOW - the crocodile in Lego ! That is a great model !!!

OMG I am suffering from the same desease: heavy collectitis :(
Obviously it is very contagious, also by reading model forums.
I am also doing (mainly collecting unbuilt kits) plastic models, Lego, tin toys, 0 and H0 trains,
and woodenships.
Help me please!!

Some examples for collectitis......
The wooden loco is made of MATADOR. That was very common in Austria from the inter war period until the 60ies.
In the 70ies MATADOR could not stand against modern toys. Now an enthusiast is producing a part of the former range .
Also LEGO is still on my radar. From time to time I build a model. Last ones were the Saturn V and the lunar module.

IMGP0011.JPGIMGP0012.JPG

Hi Gebirgsmarine!

The models were built from fine mechanical construction kits from English and German production. They work like real steam engines. Gas heating, boil water, feed oil and drive. They must be assembled and set to work.
The photos are a part of the collection. During assembly you learn a lot about metalworking, have to build some parts yourself and learn all kinds of soldering and painting. . .
Some locomotives have been shown in operation at exhibitions in Germany and France (Paris).

Best regards
Thomas

Last edited:
Back