My Le Rochefort construction by Szilágyi László

Hello!
We have been talking privately with Zoly since the summer. In the end, taking his advice (as I am a beginner in this category) I decided to build a simple boat. This was Le Rochefort. I first ordered Ardian's book, then a monograph, along with the plans. You can imagine that I was happy that this group build started here on the forum, and at the same time I am watching the channel Modelismo Naval para Todos on you tube. Unfortunately, I am at a disadvantage compared to the average modeler in several respects.
For example, I don't speak English or German, so I use google translate. Sorry if sometimes it doesn't translate what I want to write.
Second: I live in Hungary, which makes it very difficult to purchase modeling materials...... Not to mention the horrible postage.... (e.g. postage from Germany is €38, USA is $90) - For me, that's a lot.
Therefore, as a compromise, I started to build the boat from pine. As we know, this is not really suitable for making certain elements of the ship. Some pictures of the construction, since then I have made a little more progress.

SzL/Leslie

IMG_20221204_181334.jpg

IMG_20221204_181349.jpg

IMG_20221204_181352_1.jpg

IMG_20221204_181400.jpg

IMG_20221204_181412.jpg

IMG_20221204_181418.jpg

IMG_20221204_181427.jpg

IMG_20221204_181428_1.jpg

Glad to have you join us. I'm struggling too believe me. Pine will work as long as its fairly decent quality pine.
Good luck

Hi Leslie, it's great that you're joining in with the group building. Your first steps look very good, pine is good, you have to take what you get. The translation with Google is good and should there be translation errors, you can always ask again. In this sense, keep it up and good luck.

Szia Leslie, nagyszerű, hogy csatlakozol a csoportépítéshez. Az első lépések nagyon jól néznek ki, a fenyő jó, el kell fogadni, amit kapunk. A Google fordítás jó, és ha fordítási hibák vannak, bármikor újra megkérdezheti. Ebben az értelemben, csak így tovább, és sok szerencsét.

My wife is from Hungary, so corrections of your english should be possible.......
but not - hungarian language is soooooo extremely difficult - impossible to learn when you are not born in Hungary.

First of all a warm welcome here on board of our forum.
and Second also a welcome in the group build of the Rochefort. A very good possibility to learn scratch building - but most important - Have fun with the hobby
I am very happy that you started your building log....

Hi Laslo, is there any progress yet or are you taking a creative break?
Hi everybody !
I didn't apply because I didn't have time for the ship. + Jan. 18 Hobbymill has not responded since, they promised to wait 6-8 weeks. Fortunately, I found a company at home where you can order pear wood----it is true that it is not made for modeling purposes, but with a little work the quality is quite good. I'll try this when I have some time. A few parts were completed, but the e1 g1 stuck out to me. I've already made about ten pieces, but none of them reached the level I expected. Unfortunately, I don't have a machine for this task.....
Pictures coming soon.

Jó reggelt kívánok László
hope to see some updates soon of your framework.....
Kösz
(my wife is hungarian)

Hi !
I've reached the point of making the nose. I'm a little uncertain about the execution.
Therefore, please help me with as many photos as possible if you've finished making the nose. The pictures uploaded so far also help, but I need more.
For example, why do you need 2 right-handed and 2 left-handed 1 elements.

Hi !
I've reached the point of making the nose. I'm a little uncertain about the execution.
Therefore, please help me with as many photos as possible if you've finished making the nose. The pictures uploaded so far also help, but I need more.
For example, why do you need 2 right-handed and 2 left-handed 1 elements.
Hello Laszilo What exactly do you mean, I assume you are talking about the hawse logs.

eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_04-47-04PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_05-52-04PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_16-05-2023_10-09-05-0850PM.jpeg
eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_05-44-03PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_05-45-08PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_05-31-51PM.jpeg

eZy Watermark_08-01-2023_05-45-55PM.jpeg

Hello!
We have been talking privately with Zoly since the summer. In the end, taking his advice (as I am a beginner in this category) I decided to build a simple boat. This was Le Rochefort. I first ordered Ardian's book, then a monograph, along with the plans. You can imagine that I was happy that this group build started here on the forum, and at the same time I am watching the channel Modelismo Naval para Todos on you tube. Unfortunately, I am at a disadvantage compared to the average modeler in several respects.
For example, I don't speak English or German, so I use google translate. Sorry if sometimes it doesn't translate what I want to write.
Second: I live in Hungary, which makes it very difficult to purchase modeling materials...... Not to mention the horrible postage.... (e.g. postage from Germany is €38, USA is $90) - For me, that's a lot.
Therefore, as a compromise, I started to build the boat from pine. As we know, this is not really suitable for making certain elements of the ship. Some pictures of the construction, since then I have made a little more progress.

SzL/Leslie

View attachment 346678

View attachment 346679

View attachment 346680

View attachment 346681

View attachment 346682

View attachment 346683

View attachment 346684

View attachment 346685
Hallo @Szilágyi László
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake