Workshops My shipyard/your shipyard

The first photo below is a minor addition to my toolkit that I should have bought years ago: a reamer. It is excellent for cleaning up mast and hawse holes after they have been partially planked over. Also, in the case of the Nina, tidying up the circular gun ports.
Many of the photos in the build logs provide a tantalising glimpse of a member's workspace, tools and materials as a background to the pictures of the current build. On several occasions I have spotted, then bought, a tool seen in such photos that I hadn't thought of or knew existed. I think it would be interesting to see more extensive views of the spaces in which members work - whether it is just the kitchen table or an industrial strength complete workshop. As an example of what I had in mind I attach a photo of my (not very exciting) work space. It is a small area of a spare bedroom with a purpose build workbench. The black floor covering was a useful find: a length of plastic matting intended, I think, for car boots (translation :trunks) or garage floors. It is laid on a area of left-over laminate floor planks to make it firm. It is much easier to find dropped deadeyes on it than on a pile carpet. The contents of a dustpan after sweeping recover all manner of pins, blocks and ringbolts. Computer and music system are just off to the right and within swivelling range.
PS I don't much like the curtains either.
View attachment 390639 View attachment 390640
Take a look here

I can move this post there
Thanks for directing me to this site and for moving my post there. I guess my accompanying text is now a bit irrelevant. I was not aware of the existence of this topic; it is just what I had in mind and I shall browse its content with interest. I wonder what else I have missed in this extensive forum.

Well it looks like I have a bit of work to do, but the wife wants to move and down size and we need something that is one story. So getting up and down stairs is difficult, I lost part of my left leg and the wife ends new knees. I came across this magazine that I purchased several years ago and thought maybe I could build this not knowing where we're moving to because it folds up into a small container like a big toolbox it would be a nice to use as a
portable shop that is movable and does not take up a lot of space, your thoughts?

20240107_104250.jpg

20240107_104319.jpg

20240107_104353.jpg

So many nice shops, so many tools, I think the one thing we all share is that our work areas, no matter how large or how small are our happy places.....my wife calls my room, The Mistress.

My cave has evolved to handle my primary hobbies - golf, making custom golf putters, watching sports/movies, and enjoying a beer every now and then.

IMG_5390 (2).JPG

I have the lights turned low to show the screen, but when modeling, the room is very bright.

IMG_5388 (1).JPG
This is the main work bench area...this photo was before I got into modeling and setup mainly for making golf putters... but you can see the workbench, the drill press, and my fiber laser. In the storage cabinets are my small power tools, clamps, paint, etc.
IMG_5387 (1).JPG
Here is the back of the room, with theater reclining chairs, keg machine, and coke machine stocked with the beverages I mentioned I enjoyed drinking......

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5389 (1).JPG
The other side of the room is primarily for golf equipment and putters that I am making for clients. I have a full swing golf simulator with multiple swing cameras. The screen is 17 x 9 and my ceiling height is 10ft. The simulator can switch over to movie theater mode with the push of a couple of buttons.

The floor is NP50 putting turf and there are 6 putting cups around the room. This helps when fitting putters for clients, etc.

I need to update my pics as the modeling tools, equipment and work areas have begun taking over as I progress along with my first build. I am a novice, but enjoying it tremendously. You can see my build log here.

So many nice shops, so many tools, I think the one thing we all share is that our work areas, no matter how large or how small are our happy places.....my wife calls my room, The Mistress.

My cave has evolved to handle my primary hobbies - golf, making custom golf putters, watching sports/movies, and enjoying a beer every now and then.

View attachment 419678

I have the lights turned low to show the screen, but when modeling, the room is very bright.

View attachment 419680
This is the main work bench area...this photo was before I got into modeling and setup mainly for making golf putters... but you can see the workbench, the drill press, and my fiber laser. In the storage cabinets are my small power tools, clamps, paint, etc.
View attachment 419681
Here is the back of the room, with theater reclining chairs, keg machine, and coke machine stocked with the beverages I mentioned I enjoyed drinking......

View attachment 419688

View attachment 419689
The other side of the room is primarily for golf equipment and putters that I am making for clients. I have a full swing golf simulator with multiple swing cameras. The screen is 17 x 9 and my ceiling height is 10ft. The simulator can switch over to movie theater mode with the push of a couple of buttons.

The floor is NP50 putting turf and there are 6 putting cups around the room. This helps when fitting putters for clients, etc.

I need to update my pics as the modeling tools, equipment and work areas have begun taking over as I progress along with my first build. I am a novice, but enjoying it tremendously. You can see my build log here.
Let me guess.... if you don't like how it's coming your model..... will you use it to practice golf (shooting balls) ?... HAHAHA. :)

Love the place !!!
Daniel

Here a few pictures of my man cave. I am fortunate to have this hobby room at the basement of our house. On the tables you can see the lathe, milling machine and cnc router. Smaller power tools are hiding inside the cabinets. Also you can see some of my models finished during the last few years. And on the centre table is the latest project, a fibreglass hull of steam powered sloop Lempi, together with Marcher steam engine of my own production, which was finished a few weeks ago and will be installed into the hull of Lempi. Testing of the engine with compressed air has just been made and it was performing quite nicely, so hopefully it will run with steam power too in the future.

View attachment 69267View attachment 69268View attachment 69269View attachment 69270View attachment 69271View attachment 69272View attachment 69273View attachment 69274
That is way to clean you need some sawdust in there

It is a constant battle....particularly with my allergies....just installed this baby and I love it.

Yes . these purifier are really good

Back