Caf Model - New Kit 1/48 Le Coureur 1776

You are reading our mind, mates :) SOS made initial contact with CAF models in regards of the list of members potentially would buy this kit. While he don't mind, he is not ready yet. Currently the progress still on the design\testing phase and kit is not ready for production. Due to pandemiya he works in limited hours and his pilot model is not ready yet. He will update us when kit is ready for production.

We also ask Tom, to start a build log (if possible) so we can see the model assembly 'in action'.

Looks great. But, I have the same question for this model and models/plans for Alert: where’s the binnacle? If no binnacle then where’s the compass? If no compass on deck then how do you steer a course?
I am lucky to have the monograph on the 'Coureur' published by Ancre editions. There is indeed a binnacle on the plans.
It is located just behind the rear skylight.
Le_coureur_pl_3.jpg

detail 27 of plan number 4
Le_coureur_pl_4.jpg

and you have its detail on plan 5
Le coureur_pl_5.jpg

Ted, it's a little early down here and I have not had my coffee but what's a SABLE
Hi Hedley,
A SABLE is someone who has a :-
Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
Modellers in all disciplines seem very prone to it, but perhaps boat modellers more than most, as they take such a long time to build properly!
Regards

Ted

Hi Hedley,
Modellers in all disciplines seem very prone to it, but perhaps boat modellers more than most, as they take such a long time to build properly!
Regards

Ted
Thanks Ted, Would have taken more than one cup of coffee to work that one out, but I know what you mean!

Yes put me on your list to purchase as well . Excellent
Hallo @Vincep and all other interested.....
Please take a look at Jims post
Until now we do not have such a list and it will take some time until we will start such one - We are in close contact with CAF and follow the progress of the devolpement, but we will definitely inform you in time

Hi Hedley,
Regards

Ted
Thanks Ted, Would have taken more than one cup of coffee to work that one out, but I know what you mean!
There was no price for this kit yet

Zoly , From Toms first post on this subject.
I haven't been online for a long time. I've been making coureur recently. The latest design, the latest slipway.I hope you like it
It is expected to be available in July and August,
Price: 342, Discount price:256

Zoly , From Toms first post on this subject.
I haven't been online for a long time. I've been making coureur recently. The latest design, the latest slipway.I hope you like it
It is expected to be available in July and August,
Price: 342, Discount price:256
Oops .I missed that,that is a good price!

thanks!

If its as great as it looks it would be excellent value !!

Last edited:
Back