New kit of 1/48 Battle station / Deck cannon scene based on Le Fleuron under preparation

Hi I too have been trying to get this model, but the tabaoa site is just impossible to navigate, i have signed on to superbuy, now if i can only find the model on tabao site does anyone have a link to it. THANKS Don

Hello Don,

First, Use the Chrome browser, It will translate everthing for you. Download it if you haven't got it.
Second, Tabao is indeed difficult to navigate. However, nothing is impossible! Here is the link I posted earlier to the Taobao shop of 4hmodel: https://shmodel.world.taobao.com/
Now click on the Lily deck, it's in the main menu now. All you need to do now is copy the URL.
(How did I first get there? Alternatively, Go to the 4hmodel website. In the menu on the left, press the third one 'Ship Model Mall')
Give me a PM if you don't succeed or have any further questions.

Another trick you'll need to browse or purchase other items that are not in the main menu: Making a Taobao account.
Go to the webpage of the 4hmodel Taobao shop. https://shmodel.world.taobao.com/
In the highest row you can register by clicking on this sign: 注册 = registered (<-Click on links)
You can chose English in this Menu.

Last edited:
Jiangxuezuimei on E-Bay has this battle station ( HMS Lily ) cross section listed as available for $ 160 free shipping. Lots of pictures of the build. Looks like superb quality.... Talking about quality, I don't think anyone would be buying anything from China if it wasn't superb quality and engineering. The quality of the Chinese kits in every respect (except instructions), materials, design, is so far above others as to make them compelling. If they could update their manuals to English with good translations even video/web instructions, then they would be perfect.

Alex- Thanks for the tip RE: Jiangxuezuimei listing for the HMS Lily kit which is identical (hopefully) to the 1/48 battle station deck gun scene based on LeFleuron pictured at the beginning of this post. I will let everyone know if it is not.

It looks that HMS Lily and Le Fleuron are the same kit, with different names. Of course, Le Fleuron is a French ship and HMS Lily (did it exist - ?) is English. As everyone here knows, the French and the English ships were not built the same way and an expert can tell them apart. Maybe one can say that HMS Lily was a French ship captured by the British and renamed !

According to Wikipedia article(s) Le Fleuron was a 4th rate (defined as 46-60 guns) French ship-of-the line launched in 1687.
The model in question is that of a two decker: a ship of the line.
There were several ships named HMS Lily in the British service over years. All were small brigs cutters and sloops. The biggest one had 16 guns. So the model is Le Fleuron, The name HMS Lily in the E-bay kit is a fantasy---but the kit sure looks good. If I ever build it I'll call it Le Fleuron.

HI ALEX THANKS FOR THE LINK I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THIS SELLER BEFORE, EXCELLENT TRANSACTIONS, AND YES THE CHINESE KITS ARE FANTASTIC THEY PUT OTHER COMPANIES TO SHAME AND THEY DO NOT KEEP THE SAME MODELS FOR 20 YEARS, CHECK CAF THEY MAKE UPGRADES TO THE KITS AND HAVE ADD ONS, YOU ARE EXACTALY RIGHT THE MARKET PLACE DETERMINES THE SALES, IF THE OTHE COMPANIES DO NOT FOLLOW SUITE USING THE MODERN TECHNOLOGY THE WILL GO LIKE AL HAS, BTW TO SOMEONE I KNOW IS THIS A PIRATED KIT HUH. Don

Hi
Gloria at the E-Bay site Jiangxuezuimei has 6 Le Fleuron/Lily kits available. The kits are pear/ebony, and list for $160 at the site, but she can make "special price" if we do a "group buy". Let me know who is interested. I can contact her and get back to you with the price. I'm getting one.
Alex R

Hi,everyone. thanks for alex and donfarr, i made a mistake , it name is Le Fleuron , you are right alex
it main material for ship is pear and ebony , so cost bit high.
quality is good. instruction i will try to translate it.
Hi Gloria
Im glad you joined the site. I am ready to order the kit. I can do it as usual thru Ebay, or directly with you. You can send me a Paypal invoice.

If you enter "Le Fleuron" on Ebay there are now multiple Chinese suppliers of the battle station kit ALL with free shipping and ALL less (one as low as $127.19) than the jiangxuezuimei site ($160)!! Lesson learned!

I HAVE BOUGHT FROM GLORIA QUITE A BIT FOUN D HER TO BE AN EXCELLENT SELLER NO PROBLEMS EVEN CHANGED ONE ORDER NEEDED CRIDT DONE IMMEDIATLY, LOYALTY ALWAYS, WHY CHANGE FROM WHAT YOU KNOW TO SOMETHING YOU DO NOT, I WILL PAY THE DIFFERENCE, AND KNOW THAT I WILL BE SATIFIED. Don

I personally don't understand it. It must be my Dutch blood.
Taobao is sold out, but Aliexpress has them now. Save 60 bucks (or spend it on things like Druid Tail, 8 Pound Cannon or 12 Pound Napoleon Gun)
Aliexpress is perfectly fine..

I personally don't understand it. It must be my Dutch blood.
Taobao is sold out, but Aliexpress has them now. Save 60 bucks (or spend it on things like Druid Tail, 8 Pound Cannon or 12 Pound Napoleon Gun)
Aliexpress is perfectly fine..
Do you have the link from Aliexpress?Thanks!!

This is their store. The developer is also the owner of the store.

The price listed on the item.taobao.com website is 498 I assume Chinese Yuan (CNY) which converts to $70.75 US (?postage). Tried to add it to the shopping cart but it would not go. That's quite a mark up for jiangxuezuimei to be selling it for $160 US even taking into account free postage. We also have to hope that none of the other sellers on Ebay (and there are quite a few) are selling knockoffs.

Back