New kit of 1/48 Battle station / Deck cannon scene based on Le Fleuron under preparation

I just purchased this kit directly from taobao/aliexpress. The site is a bit clunky and requires patience dealing with page translations and such. You have to create an account before you can add items to your cart. The price of the kit including currency exchange, shipping, and customs came in right at $84 and is supposed to ship within 12 days. Not bad if the kit is as good as it looks. We shall see.

It took me a while to get this kit, partially due to my inability to read Chinese. But anyway, it finally arrived after a couple months undamaged. The kit is pretty much exactly as described earlier in this thread. The only drawback would be the lack of English instructions. However, it does include good drawings and color photos of the build. I would recommend it for more experienced builders. The kit includes a nice building jig which is a very nice feature. It is dubbed as a 1:48 scale model but I am a bit suspicious of that claim. Just from looking at the jig parts the model appears to be much, much smaller than the 1:32 scale battle station DocBlake, DonRobinson, and I worked on. I won't really know for sure until after I assemble it and take some measurements... that might be in 5 years or so... LOL...

Here are some pictures..

The box is pretty plain but gets the job done. Everything arrived from China with no damage.
IMG_0033.jpg

All written instructions are in Chinese. Good color photos and critical measurements are provided.
IMG_0032.jpg

A nice pile of parts with great quality materials, well packaged, all for less than $100.
IMG_0027.jpg

The lumber is all precut... pear, ebony, boxwood.
IMG_0030.jpg

Laser work is good with minimal back-flash and very small tabs.
IMG_0031.jpg

3 nice cast cannons are provided along with an appropriate number of hardwood blocks of better quality than can be found domestically.
IMG_0029.jpg

A couple of nice sheets of photo etch to provide metal work for the model.
IMG_0036.jpg

Very high quality rope is included.
IMG_0060.jpg

I like the depiction of the metal brace supports on the model. Not sure about historical accuracy??? Uwe??
IMG_0034.jpg

The completed model looks nice. But like I mentioned, it will be less than half the size of my 17th Century Battle Station (Staudt Plans).
IMG_0035.jpg

Last edited:
Hi MIKE, MINE ARRIEVED the first week of JAN. DID A SHORT REVIEW of it I like it but it is small, dot bad at all, looking forward to you starting yours so i can follow it, maybe do it together if you have time, i will be starting mine shortly finishing up frames for my Le ROCHEFORT need another project to do as a fill in, let me here. THANKS Don

I ordered this kit from jiangxuezuimei in Dec. 2019. I paid $160 and since then the number of Ebay sites offering this kit have exploded (there are currently 12) and the lowest price I found was $94.99 with free shipping! So live and learn I suppose. However jiangxuezuimei also sent me an "English translation" for the build in PDF form which I would be happy to share with anyone who is currently working on this model-let me know your email and I will send it to you-mine is localneuron2@gmail.com. Just remember this "English" edition is a translation from Chinese to English (but also contains a lot of pictures).

@rpedersen Thank you for the offer to help others with English translations manual. Do you have any plans to start a build log building this battlestation? We already have some folks bought this kit. Should be interesting to follow....;)

Hi I bought mine from the same source, along with some other item I got it for $120.00 free shipping and the ENGLISH TRANSLATION, ORDERED IT AT THE END OF DECEMBER GOT IT FIRST PART OF JAN. DID A SHORT REVIEW HERE, WILL START MINE IN ABOUT A WEEK LOOKS LIKE A GOOD KIT JUST LOVE THESE X SECTIONS, HOPE SOME ONE ELSE WILL START IT AROUND THE SAME TIME. Don

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone can stay healthy during this outbreak.
The developer of the deck gun is preparing to hold a competition for the production of deck gun kits in April. I really hope that everyone who bought it can participate and win great prizes.
In addition, I recommend that you install a software called QQ, which is a bit like WhatsApp. And provides translation functions. Then we can directly communicate any production problems through this software.
Sam

OOPS SENIOR CITIZEN MOMENT, THE PRICE WAS NOT $120.00, BUT $140.00, got it from her because i have bought from her before and her delivery time has been right on, SATIFIED NOW TO DO IT SOME JUSTICE. Don

Back