New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

View attachment 308413

After about two years’ searching in the marketplace, I finally got my copy of the two volumes of The History of English Sea Ordnance. Great books on canons.
Checked the books out and both are listed as currently unavailable from Book Depository and Abbey books. From where were you able to source them from if you don't mind me asking?.

Checked the books out and both are listed as currently unavailable from Book Depository and Abbey books. From where were you able to source them from if you don't mind me asking?.
As like many other ship modelling books, these two are not published anymore currently and there is no new copies in the market. I found them on ebay and abebooks as used books. There are some immediately available on these marketplace but the price are quite high.

As like many other ship modelling books, these two are not published anymore currently and there is no new copies in the market. I found them on ebay and abebooks as used books. There are some immediately available on these marketplace but the price are quite high.
Thank you for your prompt reply. Correct, Abebooks say 'currently unavailable'
Ummm just looked at "Abebooks Rare and Hard to find" ..... Vol 1 and Vol 2 price range USD246.23 -> USD1,072.61 Think I'll pass on these two :)

View attachment 308413

After about two years’ searching in the marketplace, I finally got my copy of the two volumes of The History of English Sea Ordnance. Great books on canons.
For everybody interested in these books, please take a look at the book review of

The HISTORY OF ENGLISH SEA ORDNANCE
Volume I - The Age of Evolution, 1523-1715

by Adrian B. Caruana

I am also still searching for Volume II "The age of the system"

For everybody interested in these books, please take a look at the book review of

The HISTORY OF ENGLISH SEA ORDNANCE
Volume I - The Age of Evolution, 1523-1715

by Adrian B. Caruana

I am also still searching for Volume II "The age of the system"
Isn’t it you already have vol II on your shelf? I recall you have mentioned it

Isn’t it you already have vol II on your shelf? I recall you have mentioned it
I am getting old..... sorry
I was looking before, if I made a review, which is missing
but I bought it 2 years ago

History of English Sea Ordnance: The Age of the System, 1715-1815 v. 2 (Englisch)
by Adrian B. Caruana (Author)
published by Jean Boudriot Publications (1. September 1997)

Just received some new publications from my friend Didier Berti, from ancre .......
in short time I hope to make some book and planset reviews of the new monographs

The Leudo 1913​

The leudo was a ship-of-all-trades, used as a commercial trading vessel for the transportation of various products.
by Franco Fissore Traduction translated by our member @Gilles Korent

and

LE MOURE DE POUAR​

Fishing boat, barge, pilot-boat, and even pleasure craft, it reigned from Marseilles to Giens.
by Walter Gaspard translated by François Fougerat

IMG_0299.jpg

and also the english booklet of the spanish 34 gun frigate La MAHONESA and the anual calendar 2022

IMG_0301.jpg

se solo alcuni di questi fossero scritti in inglese.
Excellent collection of books. I note with interest those pertaining to the military. I have several on the Regia Marina fortunately all translated into English. I think in your collection relating to weapons of WW2 you do not have this "Manuale Del Silurista" 1938. Stabilimento Tecnico Fiumano. (Whitehead Torpedo factory) - Cheers.

Excellent collection of books. I note with interest those pertaining to the military. I have several on the Regia Marina fortunately all translated into English. I think in your collection relating to weapons of WW2 you do not have this "Manuale Del Silurista" 1938. Stabilimento Tecnico Fiumano. (Whitehead Torpedo factory) - Cheers.
Hello Cons, Thank you for appreciating my books, I don't have the book you mentioned, I have these projects, I am attaching a sheet

sssss.jpg

Good evening, for the classic French navy the 74cannoni and for
James Lees' English The Masting and Peter Goodwin's Sailling Man of War, certainly also period manuscripts are important
Thanks for the answer. I have Jame Lee and agree that is a really good book. Well, I have now to keep some of my budget for the expensive 74 cannon. I had na eye on these, but scared about the price.

Back