New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

Thanks for the answer. I have Jame Lee and agree that is a really good book. Well, I have now to keep some of my budget for the expensive 74 cannon. I had na eye on these, but scared about the price.
74 gun ship:

when you build only the hull of a 74 gunner - you need only Volume I and II
with masting and rigging - additional Volume III
a nice to have, but not very necessary is Volume IV

So you could buy the set step by step

I do not think that I will be able to perform build from sratch in future.
If you want to upgrade kit there's only old Mantua kit of Le Superbe or 3d printed hull from @SZKUTNIK

either way if you don't have money for all books I would suggest Timbering Plans in 1/72(it contains plansets from all 3 volumes) + finding a scans of 3rd volume of Boudriot's 74 and buing it when you'll have money

If you want to upgrade kit there's only old Mantua kit of Le Superbe or 3d printed hull from @SZKUTNIK

either way if you don't have money for all books I would suggest Timbering Plans in 1/72(it contains plansets from all 3 volumes) + finding a scans of 3rd volume of Boudriot's 74 and buing it when you'll have money

Your last suggestion could be a good choice for me. Thanks you.

Monograph "LE BATEAU DE LANVEOC" by Jean BOUDRIOT & Hubert BERTI (with drawings in scale 1:36)​

Many Thanks for showing us this interesting planset - a very good beginning with scratch building

LE BATEAU DE LANVEOC -Traversier Brest
Petite marine des XVII et XVIIIème siècles
The little navy (ferry boat) in the 17th and 18th centuries

in scale 1:36
by Jean Boudriot & Hubert Berti

HI UWE ANY IDEA IF A ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS FORTH COMING INTERESTING LITTLE SHIP. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
Until now no english version, but I guess in the next one or two years it will be available in english.
But I think, that due to the fact the booklet has only 18 pages and more historical data included you could build the model alos based on the drawings without having the english text - a translation app will be enough to read the french text

I was very pleased to recently receive a well presented three-volume boxed set of the journals of Captain James Cook. This is the shortened version, by Philip Edwards, of John Beaglehole’s famous texts of Cook’s manuscripts.

Edwards was a professor of English literature. He selected, edited and introduced this version, which makes for easier general reading overall. What I particularly like are the many illustrations, some in colour, and helpful maps.

In addition the set is accompanied by a large chart of the voyages, nicely presented in a carded folder. The whole set, including the folded chart, is protected in a sleeved box.

EA1B63FF-EF5F-438D-B105-2EF8B8239E2B.jpeg094D2777-B460-42FA-A325-FD2535F03EF0.jpegA10FC827-330B-479F-902C-EF76A34930EB.jpegB33801BE-7E31-4071-B375-218120F70594.jpeg

The Navy Board SHIP MODELS by John Franklin​

It is a very interesting book, which I can also recommend

Back