New on your bookshelf ..... show it here

Finally got my hands on a copy of Rigging period ship models.

View attachment 225473
For everybody interested in this very helpful book, take a "look inside":

Today I received a parcel from ancre, many thanks to Didier Berti for sending me these new publications

IMG-6020.jpg

From left to right

1) The monographie of the LA VOLAGE by J.C. Lemineur in english language and in scale 1:36
2) The english language booklet of the FLEUR DE LIS by Gérard Delacroix
3) The english language booklet of the PORT DREDGER also by Gérard Delacroix

In short time I will complete the different Planset Reviews with the new information and Look Inside photos

Postal from Canada brought two orders to my porch, both related to my Bluenose research resources.
The book with a cover photo below was first seen in an hour presentation for the Bluenose 100 weekly series. It is a hard/soft cover well bound and extensively inclusive with old photos from several sources and particularly the Wallace MacAskill collection, many of which I have not seen elsewhere in both long view and on the decks closer views with ample explanation and credits to all. The text font is well spaced and easy to read.
Here is the cover of the book which I purchased from the Bluenose II Store for $32.00 + mailing:
A Race for Real Sailors - McLaren.jpg
To give you an overview of the contents here is the Index page:
Index - A Race for Real Sailors.jpg
I have many hours ahead with the reading and studying of the photos for details of all types. Highly recommended for the Bluenose crew.

As an alert, tomorrow I will take some photos of the three Bluenose drawings that I received from the Communities, Culture and Heritage Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia, with better lighting and layout conditions for the three sheets: 1/8" sails and spars plan, and two sheets at 1/4" of the buttocks lines on one and deck plan and elevations on the second. Credits will be made for each of those as stamped on the sheets.
Rich (PT-2)

Postal from Canada brought two orders to my porch, both related to my Bluenose research resources.
The book with a cover photo below was first seen in an hour presentation for the Bluenose 100 weekly series. It is a hard/soft cover well bound and extensively inclusive with old photos from several sources and particularly the Wallace MacAskill collection, many of which I have not seen elsewhere in both long view and on the decks closer views with ample explanation and credits to all. The text font is well spaced and easy to read.
Here is the cover of the book which I purchased from the Bluenose II Store for $32.00 + mailing:
View attachment 234012
To give you an overview of the contents here is the Index page:
View attachment 234013
I have many hours ahead with the reading and studying of the photos for details of all types. Highly recommended for the Bluenose crew.

As an alert, tomorrow I will take some photos of the three Bluenose drawings that I received from the Communities, Culture and Heritage Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, Halifax, Nova Scotia, with better lighting and layout conditions for the three sheets: 1/8" sails and spars plan, and two sheets at 1/4" of the buttocks lines on one and deck plan and elevations on the second. Credits will be made for each of those as stamped on the sheets.
Rich (PT-2)
Any photos of the Roue drawings from the museum in Halifax NS are not allowed to be posted. I will however, with their authorization say that the buttocks and hull elevations at 1/4 scale were redrawn from the originals in 1961. The small sails and spars plan was also a redrawing but seems to include all of the notes and dimensions along with a separate elevation of the raised bow. For a Visa payment of $25.00 plus the postal mailing which arrived fairly quickly in a cardboard tube the drawings were carefully rolled and wrapped. An interested member could contact the museum to discuss order and use of the plans for their own desires. To: Laurie, Amber L <Amber.Laurie@novascotia.ca>
I 'm not sure where to place them other than in the tube as they are too large for framing on our walls except for the sails/spars drawing, but do provide an additional resource for modeling.
Rich (PT-2)

Back