NIKONOV sub build [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks anyway. I love your model, by the way. It reminds me of the literally fantastic Steam Punk creations, that are pure alternate universe contraptions of a re- imagined Victorian industrial age technology: iron, brass and steam contraptions, aero nautical, nautical, and anything else you can think up. Jules Verne and H. G. Wells, I believe, being the inspiration. If you want to see some beautiful and exquisitely executed models check Steam Punk out! Yours is unequivocally an exquisite little masterpiece! Okay Thumbsup

Pete
Thank you for your kind comments. All much appreciated and encouraging.

Hope to see some of your work if you have pics.

Nice talking to you. I shall nickname my sub Elmer to remind me!

John

Thank you for your kind comments. All much appreciated and encouraging.

Hope to see some of your work if you have pics.

Nice talking to you. I shall nickname my sub Elmer to remind me!

John
I have pics under Finished Models.
Thanks,Pete

Nice talking to you as well. Your little sub's charm piqued my sense of humor. Sometimes it doesn't come off well. Nothing negative intended by my oblique and out of left field references. You yourself remarked on its humorous aspects, like the improbable harpoon as a weapon to sink a ship by sneaaking up from underneath and plunging it into the Belly of the Beast like Ahab and Moby Dick. Only in this case more like Moby Grape! But, hey, it was Russia in 1722, Whatever floats yer boat (or sinks it).

Pete

My Congratulations for finishing this interesting model - very well done :cool:

This kit model I like (personal taste) more than the Master Korabel version
Comparing with photos of the "original" - better the replica in St.Petersburg it is coming closer

What can be recognized on your model, that you did not blacken the brass details, this would be maybe the only point of critic, but it is a pure question of taste

My Congratulations for finishing this interesting model - very well done :cool:

This kit model I like (personal taste) more than the Master Korabel version
Comparing with photos of the "original" - better the replica in St.Petersburg it is coming closer

What can be recognized on your model, that you did not blacken the brass details, this would be maybe the only point of critic, but it is a pure question of taste

Thank you for your kind comments. I appreciate that purists would blacken the bronze, but I sort of like it shiny. So does the wife -and she's the boss!

Anyway, factory finish is good! It must have been new once.

The historical description of the submarine mentions "fire tubes for battle", but it's not clear what did that really mean. So it's a manufacturer's interpretation.
I've read up on these tubes. They were apparently filled with a combustible mixture and were somehow used like flame thowers to burn the target ships. That would be something to see!

I've read up on these tubes. They were apparently filled with a combustible mixture and were somehow used like flame thowers to burn the target ships. That would be something to see!
However, a "fire tube" seems to be more effective against wooden ships than a hand-operated harpoon. The only problem was to prevent the water from coming in them.

So I have seen the Morel "Secret Sub" submarine the other day and just had to have it (Purchased Speechless)then I saw a Chinese version (Purchased SpeechlessSpeechless) which is this one. So if it wasn't for this build log I wouldn't have purchased the Chinese version so that means I will have to build both to have them side by side, just don't tell the wife! ;)ROTF

Back