Not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnie, hoping you are being uplifted a bit with the support you have from everyone on the Forum. Please engage with professionals who can help you deal with your depression. Not sure if you have ever heard of a US based comedian named Gary Gulman , he has suffered from depression for years and recently did a special focused on his experiences with depression for TV, I think HBO, but you can see it on streaming services. I think it’s called “The Great Depresh” Take a watch then start down the road to beating this.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and good things to keep you occupied in the meantime.
Barry1 made a good point; if you are suffering from depression please get help. There is no shame in getting professional help with serious illnesses. The combined efforts of the pharmaceutical industry and the Psychiatric profession have kept me alive and functioning in spite of myself. Life frequently sucks, but it doesn't have to be the daily hell that is depression.
You are in my thoughts and will stay there.
Best regards,
Peter

Last edited:
Donnie, I hope this finds you in better spirits. Even though I am a newbie here it seems that all the support that is offered here is what makes this a great community. Having struggled with depression myself, at times, I can tell you that with help it will get better. I have quit watching the news and a lot of other commercial television simply because it is all so negative and biased. I have better things to keep my mind occupied, my dog, my family, my painting and my modeling. Nothing else truly matters. Will keep positive thoughts for your speedy recovery.
Best Wishes,
Jim

Hey Donnie, depression is a terrible struggle! Don't try to fight it on your own, get help. I suffered a traumatic brain injury in 1998 and struggle with life since, I finally was forced to get help, one step away from ending it all, and I thank God every day since. See your doctor and get a referral to a psychologist, he/she can help. I have taken meds since and they help, once you get use to them. You will be able to enjoy life again. Stay with your ship modelling, it is a great form of positive therapy.

Bob

Thank you everyone - I think too many negative things for a long time has a way of eroding a person soul. LIke a slope of land that erodes patterns in it from constant rain and flooding. Not only circumstances, but people (bad actors) can also play a role in things. I am very happy that I have many freinds here that understand what "real life has to offer". Real life is not always fair and kind. Life is not a respector of persons, race, ethnicity, rich or poor. It rains on the good and bad, the righteous and unrighteous. No matter how hard we try to make peace, there will always be that one person that will bring discord and unhappiness. Maybe one day, people that bring unhappiness will be cut off like a rotten branch and thrown away and burned. I should take inventory of my own self to prayerfully not allow circumstances to rule. But, I do not think there is one human on the face of the earth that can say they have never been touched by adversity.

Hey Donnie, don’t post much but would like to say hang in there. It’s perfectly fine to get some professional help. It may be hard to realize this now but it’s positive me to work thru any challenge.

Donnie,
Your a brother we care about. I haven't been here long but you have the Spirit. I'm with you too and I know your pain. God bless you Donnie!
Dan

Xmas a hard time of year for many/ Enjoy your friends and family, but try to keep everything light if possible. I know professional help can do a lot of good. Good luck!

Hey Donnie;
First, I want to say how much I have appreciated your help to me. Second, I want to say how much I have appreciated this thread. It has most definately helped me through my surgery.
Most of all, I'm sorry to hear about your problems. You need to know that we all support you and our prayers are with you. I found the support given here was a great help in elevating my spirits during my recovery, just knowing that someone cares. Sometimes we just need to step back and find a change of direction to clear our heads a bit and get back on track.
Take care my friend, we're all here for you.

EJ

Donnie,
I am sure you will overcome this. You are an important asset to this forum. We need you and care about you. Try to lift some of the weight off your shoulders. Friends and family can help share the burden. And it many sound silly but, laughter is good for the brain. When was the last time you laughed to the point of tears, it can be the best medicine.
Shane

How are you feeling these days? I can definitely relate to your struggle with depression. It's no picnic. In my case I know things will improve once the holidays are behind us and the days get longer; I hope the worst is lightening up for you.

Donnie, being one who feels so profoundly, like you, life has it's burdens. Don't be crushed by it all. It's clear you are a good man and no one knows that better than you. Be selfish and love yourself. I've just gone through Christmas on my own for the ninth year. And it will be the same tonight. In this small way, let me share it with you, so far away. Wishing you a cloudless New Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back