Not good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donnie, I'm so sorry you're feeling really down at the moment, but it will get better, SO LONG AS YOU GET SOME HELP! (If you haven't had some already)
Had my own bout of depression twenty years ago when I blew up from an overload at work, but I was lucky - my company helped me out by arranging treatment and dropping my workload.
Now my wife Ann has been ill for the last few months, and I'm a little down, but also suffering a 'burn out' with regard to finishing 'King's Fisher'
It comes to most of us in one way or the other, but it is beatable.
All the best to you

Ted

Donnie,

My thoughts are with you. As many others I've suffered through this for years. Was on disability most of the summer while in an outpatient program. Things just got too bad. It's real, but there is hope and with the help and support of others it can be overcome. Best of luck and my thoughts are with you.

I should take inventory of my own self to prayerfully not allow circumstances to rule. But, I do not think there is one human on the face of the earth that can say they have never been touched by adversity.
Donnie

the mind is like a garden you can grow flowers or grow weeds

Hi Donnie
I'm new here, but feeling I'm part of this great group already. Winter and the holidays, for many reasons, are often associated with depression, often severe. Remember that every day is a new beginning, and there is always hope, sunny days and spring will come. Although I am not a psychiatrist, I have seen many deeply depressed patients, catatonics, with not enough energy even to eat, or move. I have seen these patients after medical psychiatric therapy smiling, happy, confident, and truly looking like a different person. Amazing. Thankfully, psychiatric medicine has made great strides. Please, Please go see a Psychiatrist- there is no stigma attached-it WILL help, YOU WILL GET BETTER !

I am not well and need you guys thoughts and support.
Hello Donnie, Our thoughts and prayers are with you from Cold Country Canada. Maybe you should take a vacation and get away from it all for a couple of weeks or even a bit longer. I have tried this and it dose work, give it a try. Get well soon.
Regards Lawrence

Donnie,
I can send only a resounding Amen to ALL of the above. I have witnessed amazing things in people who "let go and let God." There is amazing hope in prayer and thankfulness, but don't let that deter you from getting any needed medical help.
I pray that things improve for you.
Steven

wow - thank you all for your support. I am much better now. It was probably a bad combination of things going on at the time, job, and other personal circumstances. But all is well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back