Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad

Is it correct to name the submerged part of the hull and the part that is not, live work and dead work?
If not, how is it in English?
And the reinforcement tables that go between the lines of cannons?

Cheers
I have always referred to it as above the waterline or below the waterline. The waterline is where the water's surface meets the hull.

If I'm mistaken someone please correct me. Maybe @Heinrich, our resident English teacher, can explain better.

I have decided to modify the stern to put the rudder guard cannons, which do not come in the kit. I have been inspired by the Real Borbon ship of the Spanish navy. It is not yet definitive since I am investigating and modifying.

Cheers

popa-navio-real-borbon.jpg

DSC_0637.JPG

DSC_0638.JPG

DSC_0642.JPG

I don't know how you'll be modyfying stern but @SZKUTNIK has ornamnents for ST maybe even side galleries

Here's also video tutorials form @shelk on modyfing stern. He also published them on thingiverse

I don't know how you'll be modyfying stern but @SZKUTNIK has ornamnents for ST maybe even side galleries

Here's also video tutorials form @shelk on modyfing stern. He also published them on thingiverse

Hello WojtasS ;) . Very interesting and high quality what SZKUTNIK does. I am looking at the work of Liberto in his Santísima Trinidad, which can be seen in this same forum. He is basing himself on some good vintage plans for this particular ship. I also look at other works with this same kit, including Shelk's. What I'm trying to do is change, improve and/or modify everything I can and know, in order to build a model, as close to what this ship could have been. We'll see what will come out in the end. :)
077.JPG

Last edited:
Hello WojtasS ;) . Very interesting and high quality what SZKUTNIK does. I am looking at the work of Liberto in his Santísima Trinidad, which can be seen in this same forum. He is basing himself on some good vintage plans for this particular ship. I also look at other works with this same kit, including Shelk's. What I'm trying to do is change, improve and/or modify everything I can and know, in order to build a model, as close to what this ship could have been. We'll see what will come out in the end. :)
View attachment 327709
Lorenzo,
You should reach out to Kris. I presented my requirements for the stern plate scroll work I wanted. When I did, he presented the stern plate drawing that matches your template. I think he may even already have the artwork you are looking for. Kris is very customer oriented and will do whatever he can to meet your needs.
Plus he's a great guy!

Hi Ken. The truth is that what Kris does is magnificent. My intention is to carve it myself in wood but I think it is very difficult. I still don't know what I will do, there are months or a year to get to that point. But I will certainly take your suggestion into account.

Cheers ;)

A question for everyone:
You are left with completely symmetrical boats, that is, the two sides are totally equal?. If yes, tell me how you do it.
For a millimeter it scratched my head.o_O

Cheers;)

Last edited:
According to the kit instructions, you have to make an infinite number of wedges to finish closing the hull. I do not like this method and I have tried to adjust the tables as I have seen in higher quality works
Hi--what do you mean by "adjust the tables"? I am about to plank the same ship and would love to know what the masters do.

Hi--what do you mean by "adjust the tables"? I am about to plank the same ship and would love to know what the masters do.
Hello! Although I speak a little English I have to use the translator and maybe some terms are different.
When I said adjust the strakes or boards, I was referring to not putting the wedges as the manufacturer says. The wedges seem very unreal to me and I prefer to make it as close as possible to how it really was. I know that in the end it will not be seen, because de hull is painted, but it has been a test for future models. I am a modest kit builder. The master modellers are in this same forum a little further down. :)

Cheers;)

DSC_0603.JPG

DSC_0598.JPG

Last edited:
Navío de primera línea Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad

Hello everyone;)
I have decided to show the progress of this OcCre kit. It is a ship already known by all of you and there are already very good works in this forum. Therefore, it will not be a strict step-by-step process, but rather it will show progress and improvements that it can contribute.
Hallo @Lorenzo
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back