Occre Bounty Boat 1:24 Scale

A little experiment I did. Wanted a better and more accurate way to square up the bulkheads, so I designed and 3D printed a jig. Couple Tweeks I wanna make, but turned out well for a first try. False keel fits level all the way down the table. The uprights keep the bulkheads square to to the keel and the cross member allows me to make sure the bulkheads are level to the keel. And yes, the uprights are split at the top for removal. These pics are dry fitting and jig testing. Took about 3 hours to design in fusion 360 and a total of about 15 hours to print on my Voxelab and Ender 3 S1 Plus printers.

Edit: because someone will surely point out the fact that the table doesn't sit flat on the TV tray. It's the TV tray that's warped. $5 Walmart trays...

20230211_105259.jpg

20230211_105315.jpg

20230211_110525.jpg

Paddles are done. Look pretty good. Bulkheads almost complete. One at a time making sure square and level. My little jig seems to be working pretty good. The test will be when it comes time to plank. 20230212_140158.jpg20230212_140303.jpg20230212_140416.jpg

The Bounty boat will be a good start to get some experience with planking and other important construction methods
I found another photos showing, that this model has also some more details to show (and make)
View attachment 354888
Very good, that you already started this building log, so you can show us your progress and we will be able to help and assist, comment and give answers to your question.
A good way to learn and getting some experience, so that the Beagle should be no problem
Going back thru my posts and realized I never replied to any. I bought this kit to get experience, yes. And some neat detail to boot. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

I picked this one up from Model Shipways and will be looking to start it after the Occre Palamos and the Dusek Maria HF31.

I am looking forward to your log.

BMT
Have never done a log, so I hope it's comes out alright. You are building bigger ship than this, so I am looking forward for any input. Thanks :)

Well, not sure if anyone is actually following this, bit just in case... I have a very slight twist in the hull. What is the best way to get it out? I'm assuming work it out as I plank. And, any tips on using a hot type plank bender? I soaked the wood overnight but it was still very hard to bend.

I just find your build log, I have struggle with my boat long time now. can figure out the planking.

Well, guess that's that. Lightly laying out a plank and the whole assembly just broke. Against the grain. Poor quality wood. Now I gotta figure out how to glue this straight. Probably just gonna break apart again though. Well, it was a fun few hours anyway.. :(

View attachment 355546
I broke my bow just below 3 bulkhead, drilled and reinforced with nails and glue

I'm struggling with the clamping of the planks on the bow. However, I will say that every time I do planking on a new project, it gets a little get better. I don't use CA glue for planking, but maybe I should with an accelerator. I got a plank bender and used it on the Maria HF, 31, but the planks were flexible, to begin with, so I am unsure if it was any help.

BMT

Back