OcCre Santisima Trinidad Build with Reverse Rigging [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi Folks
The Santisina Trinidad was my third build. I started small with the Blue Shadow and then did the Wasa. I used a reverse rigging sequence with the Santisima, having gotten the idea from some internet rummaging I was doing one night. Simply stated. all of the attachments that are made to the deck are made first prior to mounting any masts on the ship. When that line is called for to be installed, it gets threaded up through the mast head up until it raches a block, and out to where it ties off. I like this because it totally eliminates the tedium of tying off at the deck as more and more lines come down. All the rest of the work is a standoff. An added benefit is that as you thread this line, when you reach a block, you can put a tad bit of glue and freeze that section. Your final tie happens on top of the ship or on the tip of the yards,

Re: Correl Santisima Trinidad Build with Reverse Rigging

<t>Very strange way of doing things. Hope it works well. I suppose this concerns the running rigging only. Now on a ship like the Santissima Trinidad, you must be dealing with an awful lot of threads lying around you model.<br/>
<br/>
One important point though: how do you determine the needed length for each line: either you need a large margin, thus with a lot of spilling, either you may have to add some thread to the lines that are too short.<br/>
<br/>
I read somewhere about a method of belaying the lines, where the modeller inserted the thread through the pin hole, then inserted the pin with a drop of glue.<br/>
<br/>
I confess I do it the hard way though, but with appropriate tweezers. Cannot say its easy, except on the smaller scale models, but it works, and the more you do, the easiest it gets, like always.<br/>
<br/>
Good luck with your build.<br/>
<br/>
JP</t>

Re: Correl Santisima Trinidad Build with Reverse Rigging

<t>Here is a pic of the completed Santisima Trinidad</t>

Attachments

• ST-301-0710122.jpg
    ST-301-0710122.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 74
Hi JP
The assembly manual provided by OcCre included a listing of every line needed and it's associated length. I used to make all my cuts and in a very very few cases, the lengths given were too short and had to be extended.
Now I'll put up the rest of the build pictures.
Jim

Back