Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates

I thank you all for your visits to my build log, also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I ran into another little problem yesterday. Due to the placement of the Fore Mast and trying to follow the drawings in the TFFM book we placed the bulkhead that separates the Botswana and Gunners storerooms we placed this Bulkhead in back of the Fore Mast. But in doing so we did not have the room to build the cabins and storerooms. To correct this little headake we moved the bulkhead forward ahead of the Fore Mast, this seemed to make enough room for my cabin and storerooms. On a second look, I found that this bulked ran across the center of the two ford scuttles to the lower deck in the Botswana and Gunners storeroom. This is where my second problem came into play. We had to move these two Scuttles forward and replank a bit of the foredeck. This AM we completed this little rebuild. We have tried to look far ahead in out build but the tinest detail throughs the whole thing for a loop. ENJOY. Regards Lawrence

IMG_5391.JPG

Due to the placement of the Fore Mast and trying to follow the drawings in the TFFM book we placed the bulkhead that separates the Botswana and Gunners storerooms we placed this Bulkhead in back of the Fore Mast. But in doing so we did not have the room to build the cabins and storerooms.

Botwsana storeroom......... or Boans in your previous post.......
Would it be Bo'sun's store? On a ship, the Bo'sun, or more commonly named Boatswain, is the officer in charge of the crew and equipment.
G

Botwsana storeroom......... or Boans in your previous post.......
Would it be Bo'sun's store? On a ship, the Bo'sun, or more commonly named Boatswain, is the officer in charge of the crew and equipment.
G
Hello Gilles
You must excuse my spelling, what I meant was Boatswain storeroom. On ship, we always referred to him as a bo-sun or Bosun he was a leading seaman in charge of all deck duties and had a number of AB' s and OS seamen under him, I am not at all aware of what he was or did in the navy. ENJOY, Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Once again, I thank you all very much for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also, for your many kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard things gave been very slow this last week or so due to a bad case of the stomach flue that litterly nocked the stuffing or should I say the wind out of our sails.
The little fellows and I did manage to build the Bulkheads between the Gunner’s Store Room and that of the Carpenter’s Store Room and that of the Carpenters Cabin, on the Starboard side.
Like the Lower Deck the Boatswain’s Store Room and that of the Forward Sail Room and along with the Boatswain’s Cabin we will build the same sort of a nock down bulkheads as to leave room to see the inter ship trough the Port Side cut-outs that we do intend to apply.
We did also have to recut a few of the Main Deck Beams that in our heists did not have the notches for the Carlings that support the Ledger deck beams lined up properly.
Now we can go ahead and install all of these bulk Bulkheads and the MainIMG_5392.JPGIMG_5393.JPG Deck Beams, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Once again I thank you all for all of your visits to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Also for your very kind words and nice comments.

Back in the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have been busy this last week building and installing the bulkheads in the lower deck. We have also built and installed the door to the Boatswain’s store room also the Gunner’s store Room and the Carpenter’s Store Room and also for the Carpenter’s Cabin. Just for the fun of it we added a Bed place in the Carpenter’s Cabin, We have put in our Request to my Admiral for mattress and blankets along with pillows that we will need for the cabins on the after deck, ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceIMG_5394.JPGIMG_5395.JPGIMG_5396.JPG

Doing a fabulous job Lawrence
Hello Don
I thank you very much for your visit and also fot your very kind words.
I have not been doing very much in the Old Ship Yard these last couple of weeks due to a case of the stomach flue and to top that off we do have family problems. that dose consume up our time and what little energy that we do still have. In the Old Ship Yard the little fellows and I have completed the break down bulkheads for the forward Sail Room and also for the Boatswain's Cabin. Our next task will be the Main Sail Room with the Louvers on the tops of the bulkheads. ENJOY
Regards LawrenceIMG_5397.JPG

Last edited:
Hopefully you feel better soon Lawrence, and everything works out well for you
Hello Don, thank you for your very kind words. Yes I am feeling a lot better now but my stomach is still a bit touchy, however our son has throat cancer and it dose not look good, however we have not given up, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Glad to hear you are feeling better, sad to hear about your son, hopefully all will be OK, the ship is looking great,

Best,

Ed
Hello Ed, We thank you very much for your very kind words and concerns for our son, can not seam to get the interest to work in the Old Ship Yard even when I do have a bit of time to do so, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Back