One more chinese kit of La Salamandre ))), now is being built in Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo again,

the result is looking very good - it is good, that our ships has only 8 guns to be rigged like this.......

:cool: I would be interested, if you could show the production of these bolts a little bit more in detail - I am in moment not understanding how you produced them, and how you used these small metal jigs..... Maybe if you have the chance to show it with some more photos

Hallo again,

the result is looking very good - it is good, that our ships has only 8 guns to be rigged like this.......

:cool: I would be interested, if you could show the production of these bolts a little bit more in detail - I am in moment not understanding how you produced them, and how you used these small metal jigs..... Maybe if you have the chance to show it with some more photos
Guys, thanks)
As I wrote, I used the way proposed by Bibigon.
The detailed explanation (in Russian) and pictorial is on this page:

Sure if not 8 but 68 guns, one should use another technology. I think casting is a good way))

Hi Uwe, I have added Sergey's tips and tricks on our forum. A specific topic (post #3) you are looking for

Hi Uwe, I have added Sergey's tips and tricks on our forum. A specific topic (post #3) you are looking for

Now I remember them...... many thanks to Jimsky and Koreets

Ladders. They took some time... The goal was to achieve the maximum fit to the board and to
cut steps into the bowstrings. This is why the kit parts were replaced mabd the ladders have been scratched.

20190720_154018-min.jpg

20190721_105243-min.jpg

20190721_105335-min.jpg

20190721_145424-min.jpg

IMG_20190720_195553-min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a kit builder without the skill to do a build like yours.
But it is a joy for me to follow somebody that got the talent to do scratch
And time to time I learn something, a small trick here a big one there.:cool:
It is also a "kit", the La Salamandre in 1:48 from the company CAF, which I have also on my workbench.
Our friend @Koreets is "only" kit-bashing it into a great model.
Definitely not "only"
- he is adjusting the kit in a very high level, so you can not recognize any more the kit basis

I am a kit builder without the skill to do a build like yours.
But it is a joy for me to follow somebody that got the talent to do scratch
And time to time I learn something, a small trick here a big one there.:cool:
Thanks for viewing!)
The skill is a result of experience which can only be obtained from efforts))) Just do it! ))). Alexander Dobrenko liked to say : "If one human can do something it means that another one can do it too" ))

It is also a "kit", the La Salamandre in 1:48 from the company CAF, which I have also on my workbench.
Our friend @Koreets is "only" kit-bashing it into a great model.
Definitely not "only"
- he is adjusting the kit in a very high level, so you can not recognize any more the kit basis
Thanks, Uwek!

Definetely, the goal of this quest is to leave as less kit details as possible))))

Looked again at the recently made gun port lids. Compared them with the drawing from the monograph. Did not like what I have done.
Soooooo - the port lids - V. 3.0

On one of the pics the evolution can be clearly seen from left to right: lid assy from the kit parts - scratched using kit parts as patterns - scratched in accordance with the original plan.

20190915_144118-min.jpg

20190915_144746-min.jpg

20190915_144216-min.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Much much better - and thanks for showing the "evolution" of the lids
With such photos we can imagine, what is out of the box and how much is scratch build - Thanks Thumbs-Up

Back