Other hobbies that are not ship model building

Indeed - I generally hate the wealthy buyer - they happily spend 20k to 50k on a painting or sometimes buy 4 at a time and gracefully write out a 120k cheque - then they will try and barter over 1k off a painting some other time when you have already given them a generous 15% off. The best buyers are those that stretch themselves or save up for it and treasure it - it then actually means something to them and not crated up in storage (as happened with the 4 works). Now I genuinely have little money and don't sell other than the odd one I release (which is rare nowadays) I prefer giving works away for a bottle of wine or whisky... much more fun and its great to see people who normally wouldn't have or couldn't have enjoy them!

Btw I think the work above actually has great potential! :) The front end is definitely more crafted than the rear …. :)))))

Indeed - I generally hate the wealthy buyer - they happily spend 20k to 50k on a painting or sometimes buy 4 at a time and gracefully write out a 120k cheque - then they will try and barter over 1k off a painting some other time when you have already given them a generous 15% off. The best buyers are those that stretch themselves or save up for it and treasure it - it then actually means something to them and not crated up in storage (as happened with the 4 works). Now I genuinely have little money and don't sell other than the odd one I release (which is rare nowadays) I prefer giving works away for a bottle of wine or whisky... much more fun and its great to see people who normally wouldn't have or couldn't have enjoy them!

Btw I think the work above actually has great potential! :) The front end is definitely more crafted than the rear …. :)))))
It is HUMAN NATURE that we as men and women appreciate things that we work for or make ourselves a lot more than those which are simply purchased, despite the work that was required to gain the money to make the purchase. This is especially true for expensive works of art. antique automobiles and other things that command a high price. We always appreciate the buyers who show genuine love for the work of a craftsman as opposed to those who buy a crafted item as a status symbol.

It is HUMAN NATURE that we as men and women appreciate things that we work for or make ourselves a lot more than those which are simply purchased, despite the work that was required to gain the money to make the purchase. This is especially true for expensive works of art. antique automobiles and other things that command a high price. We always appreciate the buyers who show genuine love for the work of a craftsman as opposed to those who buy a crafted item as a status symbol.
Wise words from one so young.

Here's what I was doing this morning - out in my wee boat with dolphins and seals ...
The island behind my boat is Erraid, which is just round the corner from where I live and it's where the 'Lighthouse Stevensons' and their workers built and assembled lighthouses.
P1018690.JPGP1018643.JPGP1018674.JPGP1018691.JPG

Back