Picts on YT's build

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to CFLModeler:
but simply having an account at both sites doesn’t result in a ban at either.

The Dual Membership comment was basically a blanket statement based on the experiences I have heard from others. You may be different and that is good for you. However to the rest:
1) SOS is not interested in who is a member of SOS and MSW.
2) We do not have any policy concerning this.
3) We (I) do not have any need nor desire to monitor and become fixated on this.

If there are people that are enjoying DM on both sites, then that is fine. I do not have a problem with that. Actually, I could really care less. I am just expressing the experiences I have heard from others. However, I will say this: For a forum or any type of forum to delete a full Build Log that has been going on for a year or even years and then the member finds no Build Log and all their images and post gone is a disgrace and is disgusting. At least send a PM or email to the banned member and inform them they have been banned and give them 24 hours to remove the log(s) and then delete the material. I am sure that this will get twisted around too.

Have just tried to log on to MSW, and guess what? - I've been banned!
Haven't a clue what for - no explanation given.
I really can't understand why they would want to run with such a negatve policy and lose so many members.

Ted

Ted

Ted, Welcome to the club! There are many of us banned and stumbled with the same question. I guess this is their way envision the future of the hobby.

It’s highly unfortunate that the bad taste this could put into the mouths of some. The ship building community as a whole should strive to save and nourish the hobby instead of creating havoc and turmoil and division. I am on the side of trying to save it not destroy it.

I left MSM over 7 years ago when the owner decided to turn the forum (which was built around the hobby I loved) into his personal business enterprise. He did what he could to promote his own products and defame the competitors. I had no interest in that- my only interest is this wonderful hobby.
If I can be in a group of like minded, kind and truly helpful friends (SOS family) with no ulterior motives then all the better.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back