Pinky schooner GLAD TIDINGS (1937) - Model Shipways - scale 1:24

Dear Olya. Unfortunately I can't access your YouTube videos, because of the "Firewall" in China - so I am most glad when you post pictures from time to time. Your build is testimony of an exquisitely clean build and meticulous attention to detail. I know that you have expressed your frustration at times about the "old-fashioned" Russian way of doing things, but I am sure that it also taught you a lot at the same time.

View attachment 163716
View attachment 163717
View attachment 163719
View attachment 163718
After dry-fitting the deck houses, I began gluing the deck planking with black-tinted glue to simulate the caulking. I made sure that the deck houses did not get glued to them at this stage. After completing this step, I removed the deck houses and sanded the deck with 150-grit sanding paper. I simulated nails with the help of CA glue. I marked the nails, drilled them with .35 mm drill, poured CA over this and sanded the deck for the second time (first with 150-gritt, then with fine, 400-gritt sandpaper). The CA also added definition to the planking seams. Although the kit did not contain one, I added a scupper at the bottom of the cockpit. I finished the deck with two coats of tung oil.
Beautifully built and photographed showing that even a less "ornamented" build can demand care and precision at every step of the way. PT-2

Dear Olya
It's just a pleasure to watch your movies, reflecting delicate and precise work to the small and complex details alongside design work of solutions that upgrade the beautiful results you create. :) Thumbsup:)
Continues to follow with great curiosity

Dear Olya
It's just a pleasure to watch your movies, reflecting delicate and precise work to the small and complex details alongside design work of solutions that upgrade the beautiful results you create. :) Thumbsup:)
Continues to follow with great curiosity
I agree that the video clips are great tutorials on how to do things. Even with advancing age and forgetfulness of many things, they may pop back to mind when a similar need is encountered. Excellence in video and crafting! PT-2

Dear Olya. Unfortunately I can't access your YouTube videos, because of the "Firewall" in China - so I am most glad when you post pictures from time to time. Your build is testimony of an exquisitely clean build and meticulous attention to detail. I know that you have expressed your frustration at times about the "old-fashioned" Russian way of doing things, but I am sure that it also taught you a lot at the same time.

I have all the photos of the model here:

Дуже гарно працюэте, Ольга!!! Щиро дякуем!! Коуши....коуши... А где обещанное видео по коушам??
Дмитре, дякую!
Відео буде обов'язково! Тут я використовую свої запаси, що привезла ще з Києва і потихеньку налаштовую виробництво дрібних деталей в новій майстерні. Зараз чекаю коли чоловік профінансує закупку матеріалу для виготовлення коушів. Мені їх покищо ні з чого різати))) Але зате відео буде про виготовдення приспособ для виробництва коушів - а не тільки сам процес нарізання...

Translated from Ukrainian:

Dmitry, thank you!
The video will be a must! Here I use my stocks, which I brought from Kyiv, and slowly adjust the production of small parts in the new workshop. Now I'm waiting for my husband to finance the purchase of material for the manufacture of thimbles. I have nothing to cut them for now))) But the video will be about making a device for the production of thimbles - and not just the process of cutting ...

Іще один ворпос. Олово при пайке тичэ як вода, який припой, і яку кислоту використовуєш? Якю обробку проходять деталі перед пайкою?

One more question, if possible ;) Solder melts as water, what kind of solder is it, and what kind of flux do you use\reccomend? Is any special treatment for the parts before you solder them? :)

Іще один ворпос. Олово при пайке тичэ як вода, який припой, і яку кислоту використовуєш? Якю обробку проходять деталі перед пайкою?

One more question, if possible ;) Solder melts as water, what kind of solder is it, and what kind of flux do you use\reccomend? Is any special treatment for the parts before you solder them? :)

Soldering Iron Kit:

Liquid Flux for Soldering:

I do not use anything else in addition.

Back