Pinky schooner GLAD TIDINGS (1937) - Model Shipways - scale 1:24

Hallo Olha,
once more a beautiful model - superbly built
And you show with the last session of photos, that you are also a superb photographer
Great work

PS: And? What comes next? Do you have already a new project in mind?

I am very glad that you like my work!
Я дуже люблю твою чудову роботу!

Я очень люблю вашу замечательную работу!

I love your great work very much!

Много обичам вашата страхотна работа!

The most important thing for the preservation of the model is a glass housing for its permanent residence: a DISPLAY CASE. It should compliment the model - be like an extension of it, like a frame for a painting. At the same time it ought not clamp the ship and draw the attention away from it. The most important function of the DISPLAY CASE, however, is to protect the model from dust and changes in humidity. I offer you MY VERSION OF MAKING A DISPLAY CASE from ready-made maple and pine wood blanks, which can be purchased at any hardware store:

I apologise for the silence - I have just been very busy and am now slowly catching up on the logs. The final presentation of the model is exemplary. There are so many things to comment on: from the remarkably realistic and "soft" look of the sails, the eye-catching yellow colour, the earthy and exquisitely clean look of the wooden deck, the stark and finely detailed mechanical winch to the art-deco-like structure of the deck housings and cabinetry finished in contrasting grey and white - with the red accents providing just the right amount of warmth. Kudos to you, Olha!

I apologise for the silence - I have just been very busy and am now slowly catching up on the logs. The final presentation of the model is exemplary. There are so many things to comment on: from the remarkably realistic and "soft" look of the sails, the eye-catching yellow colour, the earthy and exquisitely clean look of the wooden deck, the stark and finely detailed mechanical winch to the art-deco-like structure of the deck housings and cabinetry finished in contrasting grey and white - with the red accents providing just the right amount of warmth. Kudos to you, Olha!
Thank you!
I am very pleased that you liked my model!

Back