Prostate Cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
well abt 2 weeks ago went in for surgery. 2 hrs after I woke up they had me walking the halls so I could fart lol i guess it helps get rid of all the anethesia or whatever in me. throughout the day and night nurse said I walked abt 1/2 mile and I was doing good. went home the next morning and spent the next 8 or 9 days with a catheter in (which sucked). no real pain they did like 6 1/2" cuts in me for the robot. 2 on each side, 1 in belly button for camera and abt an 8th inch in the side of my stomach with tiny hose and suction thing to suck out any fluids and so they could check them for urine to make sure everything was sewn up good.

Got the catheter out abt 4 days ago now I walk around like those toddler pampers commercials with adult diapers.
For the first 3 days I have to stand over the toilet to take a drink as it flowed right straight out. now today I am at least able to hold it back just enough I can make it to potty. the 15th I goto PT where they going to teach me how to train the lower muscle to do what the upper muscle they took out used to and thats hold it back. dr says at least a year in diapers and training.

the hard part is the exercise says I need to try and hold it back but i can squeeze my butt muscles when I do. thats like telling me not to swollow when I drink it just goes hand in hand lol.

they didnt do any stitches just super glued me shut and put some nuskin on and all that has almost worn off and other than a few scabs you cant tell i was cut open.

dr called 2 days ago and said the upper muscle, lymph nodes, and glands they took out all came back negative and declared me cancer free. I go back for another PSA test in august.
So now while I heal I been doing some photoreal 3d landscapes. will be glad when I can get back to dinking with some wood.
My old computer trashed on me just before surgery so I got most everything back but still have to reinstall Solidworks plus I lost everything I had as the drive corrupted when the puter went down.
Maybe try to do a ship in full 3d would be fun as I am pretty good in 3d software too

G'day Joseph, its good to see you back just take things easy, I can see you have things to occupy your mind, I just love the pic of the woman and the bear, looks so realistic,

best regards John,

So I got Solidworks 2020 tonight hopefully it will install fine then I can figure something out to draw. like said lost all my plans and stuff during the crash

Last Night I got solidworks installed and now time to start something. since I lost all my scanned in plans except for the Le FLouron that I had on my thumb drive on my keychain (thats drive I use when I goto the engineering firm and they scan plans in for me) I guess I will restart drawing those up again and maybe by winter have something to start building I originally was thinking to get back into drawings with something smaller but no scans of anything and at least I have all 4 volumes of the 74 gun series

I started yesterday. I guess taking a long break cleared my head though was a bit rusty remembering some of my solidworks software stuff. however after abt an Hour of fiddling around I was back in the saddle.

Instead of a 74 I am starting with a 38 roughly based on the Naiad drawing it at full scale so can be downed to any scale, and I will be framing it like the french 74 just because I am still trying to understand it for doing the Le Fleuron.

So it is a fantasy ship in other words based on real techniques. I hope to draw it as POF, POB, and a Mid Section. when done will Give to the site as a SHips of Scale Freebie hopefully have the Mid Section done in time to Celebrate our 5000 th member or close to it

I got a lot done yesterday I got the hull lofted and the front frames done from DF to the bow. I am making all the planes for the aft frames now which is the tedious part adding the gobs of dimensions for 9 parts per frame which all have to be seperate part files.

Also in the french style instead of canted bow and stern frames they are straight which will make it a little easier on beginners

38_Gun_01.jpg

38_Gun_02.jpg

I absolutely agree, something challenging to get your head around has got to be the best medicine to help with your recovery, I will watch with interest as I used to use Solidworks as a design tool but it is now some 8 years ago and I am way behind in understanding the developments since then. all of the best to you. Tony

am lofting all the back frames tonight and prob into tomorrow
once all the frames lofted I then have to break them down into individual parts. total for all frames 1035 parts to make.
I cant remember where I got 9 its prob closer to 5 on aft 6 on front so maybe 600 ish parts. I think I put 9 to allow for pegs etc.

Thats the most tedious of drawing a ship and once that is done its basically downhill. not that there arent a ton of parts but theres less for each area like the decks etc.
so I got maybe 5 or 6 days just for the frames then will do the keel, keelson etc and once I get my frames all finished will start a thread but its so boring right now will wait

Ahh I remember why 9 now as I made these stations as a generic so I just had to change dimensions, I copy the stations to another ship project and then saves a couple days making part files. when I had them I had 9 in place to cover everything and the 4 extra from 5 is for chocks on english vessels that were used to join the stations so when I made all these parts since i had to start over 9 needed just came to my head. so actually only need 5 for every frame so actually abt 600 is more accurate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back