Prostate problems again

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

A while back, I had a prostate biopsy done. (no cancer) The test wasn't that bad, but don't feel like doing that again. Several months later, the doc arranged an appointment followup with another PSA blood draw. It was just the next day is when I get a phone call from Urologist office. "Donald, the doc wants to do an MRI and a 4k Score Test" ---
Had to go in the next moring and do another blood draw for the 4k Score test. This 4k Score test is more detailed blood analysis.
This is all due to the fact that my PSA is now at a level of 7.5.
I am not looking forward to what happens next and that could be some type of surgery.

Best of luck with this Donnie. I went through this about 3 years ago, and I am cancer free. I opted for surgery, a difficult choice, but the cancer was removed successfully and hadn't spread beyond the prostate. Radiation or "seeds' can also be successful. Trust your doctors, they can best advise you. As long as it is acted on quickly, you should be okay. Just don't put it off. It can be deadly, depending on the type and rapidity. The surgery isn't fun, but it is final.

Bob

Thank you all for the thoughtfulness. It is much appreciated. The biopsy was no cancer. I do not know why my PSA levels continue to rise. But the Urologist is looking into it.

It is a common problem, mostly due to normal enlargement of the prostate. The trouble w the PSA is it does not differentiate benign vs malignant.
An elevated PSA is of no danger, does not cause symptoms and is just an indicator. It is worth monitoring if you are under seventy. There is some controversy monitoring over seventy. The MRI is a good idea. Good luck.

Donnie,
3 years ago they told me my cancer would do me in in 6 months, well you said a prayer for me and here I am 51/2 years still keeping it at bay. I will certainly pray for your quick recovery. Good luck my friend!
Ted

HI Donnie,
According to the researchers prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men 50yo and over. It is also a slow growing caner.
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2014, I opted for external beam radiation. don't be to hasty to opt for surgery. I am a retired critical care RN, Although I don't work anymore I have retained my license. If you ever have any questions or just feel the need to talk please don't hesitate to contact me.
Good luck and god bless you.

As a prostate cancer survivor you are doing everything right. The MRI is the newest and greatest diagnostic that wasn't available for me. At 7.5 you probably need treatment, do your research to find your best options. PC is nothing to fool with but is highly curable, best wishes.

Back