Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Also a new baby arrived - and I am so happy
A baby which is not so loud like others ....... and I use more or less every day the disc sander, and it is one of my most important power tool.

Until now I had the bigger Proxxon, but the disc had already a small unbalance and is too loud, therefore I was looking around for a new good quality disc sander.

The new one is the Hegner disc sander with 20cm diameter - the HEGNER HSM 200 S - Disc Sander or "Scheibenschleifmaschine"

15kg total weight - the speciality of this sander is the fact, that you are not tilting the table, but the motor with the disc and the table is permanently fixed and horizontal.
In some time I will show the tool in a review

and this tool is sooooo silent ......... In the meantime I am an absolute HEGNER fan

View attachment 176599

View attachment 176600

View attachment 176601

View attachment 176602

View attachment 176603
Cool new tools/big or are they small boy's toys???? Very nice with better flexibility in sanding than mine for angles and compound angles. PT-2

I just bought a Record Power 12” Bandsaw, it seems to be a seriously solidly built machine and for the life of me I wonder that I didn’t get one years ago I have attached it to a dust extractor and its on a mobile stand, although I still haven’t found a place for it to live permanently

I just bought a Record Power 12” Bandsaw, it seems to be a seriously solidly built machine and for the life of me I wonder that I didn’t get one years ago I have attached it to a dust extractor and its on a mobile stand, although I still haven’t found a place for it to live permanently
Do you know what will be the source of your first sawdust with it? With your extractor it should work well. PT-2

YES IT IS VERY INTERESTING, VERY. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE YOU AND YOURS DON
No problem. It was interesting to learn that you had multiple conversations going on and know with whom about what but joining the circle telephone message game late I had no clew what the starting topic was. Have fun with your new build. PT-2

arrived and tested - and it works very well

Proxxon Thicknesser DH 40

View attachment 177472

View attachment 177473
From the shavings it looks like a real planner and not a sander. What are the stock dimensional limits going in and then smallest feasible? I won't be scratch building for some time but there are always times when I want to be able to mill out some larger stock without multiple saw table passes. PT-2

From the shavings it looks like a real planner and not a sander. What are the stock dimensional limits going in and then smallest feasible? I won't be scratch building for some time but there are always times when I want to be able to mill out some larger stock without multiple saw table passes. PT-2
It is a planer and not a sander - according experience of others and also the advertisement 1mm thickness is possible

Triple-spindled table (of die-cast aluminium, flat-milled) which can be accurately adjusted to 1/10mm by handwheel (zero adjustable).
Thicknessing up to 40mm thick and up to 80mm wide.
Maximum depth of cut 0.8mm.
Cutter speed 6,000rpm.
Feed rate 4.8m/ min.
Table length 232mm.
Weight approx. 8kg.

Take a look here:

Just arrived in the mail today, a nice parcel from Tom at CAF models.

These are cast brass anchors and wooden stocks for my HMS Alfred. Thanks Tom, they are superb.

..View attachment 179139
Interesting and especially we can see the metal rings of the stocks also in brass - are these anchors standard offered by CAF or special prepared?
Because they are not listed on his web-page (or I could not find them)......

Back