Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

ROTFSorry couldn't react other way.

Some people dismantle safety devices for particular reason not only to cut their fingers off. BTW it can be done with this safety devices too.
I really appreciate your concerns but there wasn't any danger. Ebony plank was twice the longth of table so side check wasn't needed and plastic was removed because it obstructed in previous cuts.

There used to be an old Roman rule in Europe Volenti non fit iniuria - to a willing person, injury is not done sadly it's now replaced with SAFETYSick.Safety for everything and every one even if they don't want it.

So have a little faith I'm no idiot to cut myself.
View attachment 312998
View attachment 312995
View attachment 312997
View attachment 312996
I agree 100% with what you said. I’m now 80 years old and have worked with machine tools all my adult life and still have all my digits. I find some of these so called “Safety devices” to be without merit and very cumbersome to negotiate.
You won’t find any of these machine “guards”on any of my equipment. OSHA or no OSHA.

New table saw Bituxx HD15736 800W. When I was buying it i tought it's noname with a lot of power. It turned out very good quality german machine. Cuts ebony like a butter I'm waiting only for thinner blade orginal is 2,6mm and new one will be 1,5mm.

View attachment 312979
View attachment 312982
Not everyone can afford a Proxxon or Byrnes et al.

I have an almost identical saw sold here by ALDI. Have fitted a thinner 62 tooth blade and improved guides and use it to cut down my lumber to as thin as 1/16" without difficulty. Noisy as a getaway train but accurate. No blood after 2 years of use.

I`m afraid my years in insurance, signing claims cheques makes me apprehensive ! I am sure you are safe in your operations !

I'll match your volenti non fit injuria, a legal defence in this country, with res ipsa loquitur , " the thing speaks itself".

I agree 100% with what you said. I’m now 80 years old and have worked with machine tools all my adult life and still have all my digits. I find some of these so called “Safety devices” to be without merit and very cumbersome to negotiate.
You won’t find any of these machine “guards”on any of my equipment. OSHA or no OSHA.
Thumbsup

Not everyone can afford a Proxxon or Byrnes et al.
Proxxon has some irreplaceable tools but FET isn't it. This saw cost converted from zł(golden- polish currency) 87Euro. I consider it a bargain for this price it's not perfect but enough for me.

@Jimple

How it this is going to protect my fingers?By not leting me cut my wood because I won't be able to reach it? There's no other protection it doesn't have any finger cutting sensor it's only you thinking ahead.

A funny anecdote. I've never cut myself using any saw eletric or hand but I've cut my finger by opening a can of cat food. Maybe there should be some special instructions and warrnings on cans:)
DSC_0194 — kopia.JPG

Well, after seeing this posting I visited the www.ultimation.ca website and discover this wonderful sander.

It is hand cranked and you can turn it also with your finger, as it has rubber all around the disc. Construction materials looks excellent and is very soft to move it as it use bearings.

Just unpacked it and I am soo happy !!

Why I am happy ?

I have the disc sander Proxon with variable speed and the Byrnes with fixed speed. Booth are great !!! But I found myself doing again many small pieces that needed just a little and precise sanding. Those disc sander, can be too much , on motor power and speed, that the smallest error will over-sand your wood piece.

When I saw the videos of this hand-cranked sander at www.ultimation.ca I decided to get it.

I will encourage you to take a look to the videos.

View attachment 311741View attachment 311742View attachment 311743View attachment 311744View attachment 311745View attachment 311746

Cheers
Daniel

Have you all seen this Video from Olha ?

My first Proxxon tool arrived this morning.

View attachment 313463

After destroying four of those little aluminum miter boxes trying to get a good square or miter cut I decided to go “Big Time”.
Hi Pathfinder65,

Gives us a hint about the smallest part that can be saw with it when you will have time.

Thanks,

Michel

In my mail box today :) Have been looking forward to receiving the two ropes I ordered but was very surprised to also receive a free sample of Tan .5mm. Well done 'Ropes of Scale' as a marketing tool accompanied by a hand written note the sample Tan rope is better than a TV advert. It also ensures after sales, continued sales.
Originally ordered because my efforts could not make rope so thin as these. Now I have a problem Redface The ropes are too beautiful for me to use and probably waste on my current build but then again considering the quality of the ropes and service provided I will definitely purchase various sizes from this Canadian business. Postage was minimal. Turn around super fast. Quality Excellent. They are 'Awesome" Thank you and Kind Regards from NZ n Me.

Ropes of Scale.png

OH YEA THEY ARE A SET OF DRAFTING TOOLS THE BEST MADE IF I AM NOT MISTAKEN THEY ARE A K&E SET HAD ONE MYSELF KEEP THEM PASS THEM ON PRICELESS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON
Thank you Don , I will probably never need to use them, I have some similar tools to use, I will definitely cherish these, thanks for your time and God bless you also

Hi Bird
These were real jewels for technical drawings . Now they are replaced by digital methods (CAD etc.) Nice to own and watch the precision profuction work of them.I own a Nikon F4 Film Camera which I used many years till digital cameras replaced the film cameras.I have a digital camera now but I sometimes take my F4 from the case and listen its shutter noise in continous mode.even if you doesn’t use them it is nice to own them.Take good care of your compass set

Hi Bird
These were real jewels for technical drawings . Now they are replaced by digital methods (CAD etc.) Nice to own and watch the precision profuction work of them.I own a Nikon F4 Film Camera which I used many years till digital cameras replaced the film cameras.I have a digital camera now but I sometimes take my F4 from the case and listen its shutter noise in continous mode.even if you doesn’t use them it is nice to own them.Take good care of your compass set
That's funny! I do the same with my Nikon F2AS.

Back