Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

Thanks.
is there another reason
Yes, the table is from our previous house and was bought by my partner. In our new flat, it does not fit in the living room because it is much too big. My wife can't bear to part with it. So it is in my hobby room and I try to keep it for her. So I covered the whole top with cutting mats to protect it. Otherwise, it would have been full of drill holes, burns and paint marks.
I think she still hopes that our next home will be big enough to use that table again. :)

Thanks.

Yes, the table is from our previous house and was bought by my partner. In our new flat, it does not fit in the living room because it is much too big. My wife can't bear to part with it. So it is in my hobby room and I try to keep it for her. So I covered the whole top with cutting mats to protect it. Otherwise, it would have been full of drill holes, burns and paint marks.
I think she still hopes that our next home will be big enough to use that table again. :)

Excellent decision!!! Your wife have to be very happy !!!!

Cheers !
Daniel

Ultimation Slicer
Picked up this little jewel from www.ultimation.ca
View attachment 308371
All metal construction very rigid construction produces nice crisp cuts

View attachment 308372
Close up showing the adjustable miter gage

View attachment 308373
Comes with a packet of spare blades & a replacement cutting pad insert

View attachment 308374
The blade is ground with a bevel on one side only which gives clean cuts. Not your typical utility knife blade.

Haven't given it a long road test as yet however the test cuts are excellent, and the miter cuts are perfect.
The miter gage makes angle cuts a breeze.
Have a deck planking project in the works and will give it a good test.......

Is it the Ultimate? Don't know but it sure is close ;)

Well, after seeing this posting I visited the www.ultimation.ca website and discover this wonderful sander.

It is hand cranked and you can turn it also with your finger, as it has rubber all around the disc. Construction materials looks excellent and is very soft to move it as it use bearings.

Just unpacked it and I am soo happy !!

Why I am happy ?

I have the disc sander Proxon with variable speed and the Byrnes with fixed speed. Booth are great !!! But I found myself doing again many small pieces that needed just a little and precise sanding. Those disc sander, can be too much , on motor power and speed, that the smallest error will over-sand your wood piece.

When I saw the videos of this hand-cranked sander at www.ultimation.ca I decided to get it.

I will encourage you to take a look to the videos.

20220531_085249.jpg20220531_085312.jpg20220531_085340.jpg20220531_085515.jpg20220531_085552.jpg20220531_085726.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Hello everyone I just received my Bynes table saw sled it is beautiful nicely made ,great quality, and I got a mastercarver flexshaft , they got great reviews so I bought it , I think I will be very happy with it, it seems to be pretty heavy duty..

20220603_151457.jpg

20220603_151225.jpg

Yesterday I received some samples of ropes from company "Modellbau Takelgarn"

link to english web-page here: https://www.rigging-ropes.com/

Beautiful material on the first view (and touch) ...... I will report more in detail asap

View attachment 44872

View attachment 44873 View attachment 44874

PS: The big advantage with rope-material is the fact, that due to the light weight the postage costs, also international are very low ! :)
Hi Uwek
My order from Modelbau Takelgarn also arrived within a week to Istanbul.Nice products.For practical use I will transfer the thinner hanks (specially 0,3-0.5 mm ) to hard rolls to prevent a Fadenwirrwarr ( sorry I don't know the english word for that) while using.
I will use them by Dolphyn from Corel.
Mfg

IMG_3809.jpg

Well, after seeing this posting I visited the www.ultimation.ca website and discover this wonderful sander.

It is hand cranked and you can turn it also with your finger, as it has rubber all around the disc. Construction materials looks excellent and is very soft to move it as it use bearings.

Why I am happy ?

I have the disc sander Proxon with variable speed and the Byrnes with fixed speed. Booth are great !!! But I found myself doing again many small pieces that needed just a little and precise sanding. Those disc sander, can be too much , on motor power and speed, that the smallest error will over-sand your wood piece.

When I saw the videos of this hand-cranked sander at www.ultimation.ca I decided to get it.

View attachment 311741View attachment 311742View attachment 311743View attachment 311744View attachment 311745View attachment 311746

Cheers
Daniel
I spoke with Lee this morning as I'm interested in the slicer along with the sander and had PM'd him about cutting hardwoods. I told him that I use a lot of boxwood he was not sure how the slicer would handle the hardwood. He asked me to send him some boxwood to try and send me the results. Great man to talk with.

Why I am happy ?

View attachment 311741View attachment 311742View attachment 311743View attachment 311744View attachment 311745View attachment 311746

Cheers
Daniel
I have seen this tool for sale on another hobby website for model railroaders.

https://www.handlaidtrack.com/ for the Fast Track Company.

They also sell wood strips, mostly for railroad craft project building, but they have this sander and other products from the same company.

"Bird's Nest" to us way down here. :)
Hi ConsNZ
A nice good morning from Istanbul .
In my language we use the word Kordugum (meaning blind knot) for rat's -or bird's nest , overtaken from the Gordian Knot of the Greek legend.
The pronounciation is kordium . It is also used for all kind of unsoluble situations and problems in life and on earth , which the human race creates mostly .The relation betweeen these words and much more other words also show how small and integrated the world is .
Kind Regards :)
Info about Gordian Knot (kordugum)is in the link below

Hi ConsNZ
A nice good morning from Istanbul .
In my language we use the word Kordugum (meaning blind knot) for rat's -or bird's nest , overtaken from the Gordian Knot of the Greek legend.
The pronounciation is kordium . It is also used for all kind of unsoluble situations and problems in life and on earth , which the human race creates mostly .The relation betweeen these words and much more other words also show how small and integrated the world is .
Kind Regards :)
Info about Gordian Knot (kordugum)is in the link below
And a very good evening to you korsan from Auckland NZ.
It's a beautiful legend and an excellent Turkish word to describe percieved impossible situations. I like that word "Kordugum" think I'll start using it in the future. My preference is the swinging sword version of the legend. Alexander did well I read lots about him in my younth. - Bird's nest in NZ refers mainly to the tangle nylon mess resulting when a fishing reel is incorrectly tensioned when casting out. This is fantastic, here we are at opposite sides of the globe communicating about words, legends and history not forgetting Ships that bought us to where we are today... Cheers and good health to you Korsan.

New table saw Bituxx HD15736 800W. When I was buying it i tought it's noname with a lot of power. It turned out very good quality german machine. Cuts ebony like a butter I'm waiting only for thinner blade orginal is 2,6mm and new one will be 1,5mm.

DSC_0187.JPG
DSC_0189.JPG

Last edited:
ROTFSorry couldn't react other way.

Some people dismantle safety devices for particular reason not only to cut their fingers off. BTW it can be done with this safety devices too.
I really appreciate your concerns but there wasn't any danger. Ebony plank was twice the longth of table so side check wasn't needed and plastic was removed because it obstructed in previous cuts.

There used to be an old Roman rule in Europe Volenti non fit iniuria - to a willing person, injury is not done sadly it's now replaced with SAFETYSick.Safety for everything and every one even if they don't want it.

So have a little faith I'm no idiot to cut myself.
DSC_0194.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG
DSC_0193.JPG
DSC_0192.JPG

Back