Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

I use them to remove superfluous (dried up) glue and dirt, especially in nooks and crannies. Also to apply force to keep or push parts in place or for the opposite, which is to remove them. A screwdriver is not designed for this purpose. Am I the only one who has thus caused scratches?
Thanks for the explanation.

Old craftsman saying "Proper tool for the proper job" is the only way to work safely.

One other thing I had learned in the past when using hammers or other "banging" tools, is the term "wood on wood, steel on steel" Don't use a steel hammer to tap the end of a wooden handle chisel or other such tools.

When in the military and in the field setting up tents I never knew why they only wanted us to use our 5 LB sledge hammers on the steel stakes, and use the huge 12" face wood mallet to drive in the long wooden rope stakes. One day I was shown when a person split a big mallet in half trying to drive a steel stake with small head.

I use them to remove superfluous (dried up) glue and dirt, especially in nooks and crannies. Also to apply force to keep or push parts in place or for the opposite, which is to remove them. A screwdriver is not designed for this purpose. Am I the only one who has thus caused scratches?
I use a length of dell chisalled at one end and sharp pointed at the other. I think in the old days it was called a Quirk stick or kwirk stick, whatever. It serves me well in removing fresh glue and other contaminants from groves, right angle edges etc.

Now to see how much of this ends up as a pile of saw dust?

Great collection of building stock.
Thanks.From this stock not many. I'm not going to make any pof, only loss is in cutting from blade so only couple of mm.
For special elements that require 3 dimensional cutting I have other stock

Beautiful collection - girls like diamonts (and shoes) - and modelers are collecting wood ;)
Yeah, you can say that. It ofen goes like that: I choose two or three planks and a guy says I have two special extra planks in best condistion just for you. Well I can't just say no. Repete that couple of times and you get this picture above

such a nice young kitty - she is very young, or? Sweet

Back