Purchased shortly ago / sthg new in your workshop -> present it here

It seems kind of odd to be posting about sandpaper here - but I have been fairing a POF model in boxwood and this sandpaper is so far superior to anything else I've tried that I thought I should at least share:

This stuff actually cuts into the hard boxwood rather than skidding over the top of it - and seems to have a longer working life as well.
Hi Paul,
I use the fine version of this paper (220 grit) comes in a roll, does a good job and does seem to last better than others. Over here you can get it from Amazon (there's a surprise) it is quite inexpensive £7 odds for 2.5 m roll. I'll have to give the course stuff a go.
Cheers JJ..

It seems kind of odd to be posting about sandpaper here - but I have been fairing a POF model in boxwood and this sandpaper is so far superior to anything else I've tried that I thought I should at least share:

This stuff actually cuts into the hard boxwood rather than skidding over the top of it - and seems to have a longer working life as well.
$converted, it's 25cent per pack cheaper in NZ... OMG! Paul your getting ripped off :oops: (3M excellent product though)

" Somehow here in the Netherlands its a forbidden site to visit"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! really?

'
Yes, we cannot access some US sites ue to region code.
I trie to access Home Depot from France and could not go thru, However, I can access Lowes !!

Just received this today. Nine days from placing the order with Dry Dock and shipped from China. Excellent service. I don't think I'll open it as I currently have too many irons in the fire at this time. :eek: P.S. it's the Le Fleuron Gun Deck 1:48 from Miniature Arts ;)
Why is it that when you aren't in a hurry for something it arrives quickly.:confused:

F6CF6A5D-C209-4059-9760-1007307CED87.png

X-acto knife
We all know the aluminium version.
IMG_3789.JPG
cheap, but always the problem when you use it the screw loses up. And the blade moves in the knife. I solve this with a little bit of tape. Because when you tight up the screw to fast it deforms the aluminium. And then it is a throw away piece. When you hold the knife it is light and maybe to light to hold.

But I bought a better version on Ali Express. LINK
Made of solid brass
IMG_3788.JPG
Much heavier to hold. I think 5 times heavier to hold and you can lock the nut very tight, without destroy the handle.

Got this magnificent publication by Ray Parkin from an Ebay auction. Complete with all fifteen 60x80 cm plans in mint condition. It was GBP 25 plus another GBP 25 for shipping and import charges. It's a steal.

Thank you @Uwek for drawing my attention to this masterpiece.

Edit: I just found out there is also a 'New on your Bookshelf' section, which is where of course I should have posted this.

Endeavour_B11.jpg

Endeavour_B10.jpg

Last edited:
Got this magnificent publication by Ray Parkin from an Ebay auction. Complete with all fifteen 60x80 cm plans in mint condition. It was GBP 25 plus another GBP 25 for shipping and import charges. It's a steal.

Thank you @Uwek for drawing my attention to this masterpiece.

Edit: I just found out there is also a 'New on your Bookshelf' section, which is where of course I should have posted this.

View attachment 392214

View attachment 392215

I am very happy that my book review was helping you to find this interesting publication

A week ago I didn't even know of the existence of tis tool. Scrapers! Purpose built of plastic that is. This should put a stop to the abuse of screwdrivers, files, tweezers and so on to this end, with the occasional disastrous result. Nine pieces (three of each kind) for less than five euros at Amazon.
daar kan ik geen kaas van maken.
I can't make any cheese out of that. (I can't make sense of that)

Why this should end the abuse (misuse) of screwdrivers, files, tweezers and so on for this purpose, with occasional disastrous results.
What do you use them for?

Back